1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

16 Year Old Parker Schnabel Gets More Gold In 1 year than the Hoffmans do in 4 Years

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by mrstealth, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Beejay - this is for you,

Did you see 16 Year Old Parker Schnabel Gets More Gold In 1 year than the Hoffmans do in 4 Years.

His buddy Tony G helped him out on the last day. He dropped more F-bombs than a Fremont street toothless hooker. And Tony's Wife Minnie Gave a guest appearance - she's a real looker by the way.

My hope is that Parker elopes with your girlfriend Emily Reidel.

2. z4rich

z4rich Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Parker is almost 20 years old, not 16. I really enjoy Gold Rush and Bering Sea Gold. Can you imagine your father-in-law being Steve Reidel?

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In last weeks episode at the end when the Hoffman crew gets told they are being booted off the land by the claim's owner... I thought it strange that they were all "aww gee!" and boo hooing about it. You would think with how the season and everything went they'd be high fiving eachother knowing they were out of there.

4. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1.030 ounces of gold for a total haul of $1.5 million after he risked his college fund of $600,000 on it. So basically at 19 he's made a $900,000 profit in 6 months while the supposed smart kids are headed to college.

Tony Beets may curse like a sailor (or my Irish wife) but he drove Parker to push harder and Parker had the intuition, the confidence, and frankly the balls to do what he thought was right to get on the gold.

In the end though Parker may rival only Sam Cassel as ugliest champion ever, be it NBA or Gold Rush.

:beer:

5. Avsman17

Avsman17 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the show but I think he's kind of a prick

6. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind that all those groups are being paid big money to appear, if the hoffmans are getting a 100 grand an episode(which they very well could be considering the storage locker ones were getting 30-40 apiece), they dont really have to find any gold. I would say the hoffmans couldn't possibly be that stupid year after year, it's gotta be part of the act to make the show interesting.

Just having miners dig the earth and find a little gold week after week wouldn't be very interesting now would it?

7. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    could you imagine living with yourself if you were to breed Emily knowing that you were helping carry on the generic defect that is Steve Reidel :eek::nono::faint:

what if Emily and scott miesterheimerschmitt were to have kids :blink::confused2:

8. rgerards

rgerards Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Parker's grandpa is awesome. And yes, Reidel is a infectious disease ... :)

9. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If Emily's nostrils are any indication at least the odds of a C-section are nil.

I agrree Parker is a dick, but I also think to some degree that is why he succeeds. There is no bullshit in gold mining like in most jobs. You can't fake it. Either you find it or you dont.

I wish they showed more info on how much the workers actualy net like they have in past seasons.

My kids have taken to calling their little brother "Shimshat".

10. jackincols

jackincols Guest

JMO, but I think the Hoffmans are, and always have been, one big train wreck.

Got tired of watching their segments because there was always something happening to screw things up. Seldom a positive moment.

11. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you imagine being the woman who is the mother of Emily?

Parker just needs to improve his management style, he was being pushed to the brink by Tony Beets and came off as an ass most times. But without the pressure to produce, it would have been a different outcome. Tony was there at every clean out to get his 15% cut and kick Parker's ass. But like Greg Remsburg said in the first season "everybody pays for their education."

The guy I feel badly for is Vern Atkinson on Bering Sea Gold, he said he sunk his life savings, $600,000 into his dredges and couldn't pay for supplies towards the end. Talk about gold fever.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  12. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I felt bad for Vern as well, but he has a terrible choice in crews

1. he had scott miesterbrauschmittt......a walking disaster area if there ever was one

2. he should have had those two brothers that steve reidel had and wasted the time of

3. he should have hooked up with the guy that has the "dragon dredge"

that guy might be the biggest dichotomy on the entire show he is suuuuch an arrogant ass yet he says "we are going to find gold" and then damn he just goes right out there and finds freaking gold......and not just a few flakes (like all the other flakes) that nut finds HUGE damn gold every damn time he gets in the water

his dragon dredge absolutely kicked ass (yet he leaves it in the water over winter :faint: ).......he waste most of the season looking for it.......does not call in the backup dredge that actually kicked ass as well.......his girl friend is cute, actually seemed sane and normal (especially for Alaska)......he takes her out and says "I am going to show her how to find gold" and he says to do something, she actually does it and nothing catches on fire, no one sucks in carbon monoxide, no air pump fails, no one almost drowns

and then he says "there is gold under this big rock" and he floats that big ass rock out of the way without anyone getting hurt or killed and then damn if there is not a freaking gold mine under there and later that day or the next he is walking out of the gold buyers office with freaking $16K which is more than vern, scott miesterbrau, steve reidel and several others got in 2 seasons :eek:

that fool can find gold and damn he might actually almost justify his arrogance especially if he had not foolishly left the dragon in the water over winter

and the other funny thing was when the native guy that was yelling at the two brothers that worked for steve riedel that stole his claim spot pretty much said straight up "you work for the biggest fool in Alaska so what does that make you two".......there is ZERO arguing with that logic haha

and that was after the younger brother was saying that everyone in town knew he worked for steve reidel and if they found out that steve was yelling at him and he did not beat steve to death then they would all want to fight him just for fun

Alaska hide the liquor and women and don't work for steve riedel unless you want to fight haha and if you want to find gold hire the dragon guy and buy some ear plugs and send him down and watch the gold come up :thumbsup:

13. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good season for parker for sure. Cant believe the crap trouble hoffmans always seem to have. Wonder what joke of a setup they will make them do next season.

14. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first season the hoffmans got a 100 grand total, the second season(first had high ratings) todd and the old man got 500k each, this was the 4th season and ratings have remained high, no doubt they all have received big raises, they dont need to find gold, only supply good viewing, that means a little conflict, a little stupidity, some good luck, bad luck, some good cop, some bad cop, and throw in a little tear jerker for good measure.

15. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed, but what about Todd's crew, what do they get out of it? Thurber and Dave have been with Hoffman for a couple of years, when do they cut their losses?

16. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last season it was $50K per episode divided up amongst the crew.

For Todd and his father: they've said in a few of the between season specials that the idea and concept for the show was Todd's and he made the pitch to Discovery Channel... so they likely get a pretty big chunk extra and its why they'll probably always be on the show.

They probably don't have any losses to cut: with what the show is paying them for about half a year's work and then what they can make from endorsements and appearance fees they are going to be making a few hundred thousand a year and as the show continues to grow in popularity that'll just keep going up.

17. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All these point are the problem with reality tv, why is Parker a jerk sometimes? maybe because they tell him to be, why do the hoffmans do such stupid things, cause it's good viewing. Why does the equipment seem to break down right when they need it most...hmmm, I'm not sure.

I still watch gold rush but not like I used to, I soured on the whole reality scene when the storage locker guy(dave hester) spilled the beans about faking the finds, not to mention the fact that you realize that when each person is getting 10's of thousand an episode it doesn't really matter what they pay or find, or if their thrift store is a success, etc.

18. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bearing see gold is the "Peter Principal" in reality when it comes to the Reidel's - neither one of them could stay under the water when diving for more than 5 minutes before freaking out, so what do they do, get their own dredges and now they are the boss's trying to order other dredger's around.

As far as Vern, I hate to say it but in a way it was his own fault. His management style left a lot to be desired (granted he had shitty crews both years). But even this past year when he could have done something he was out in the private mining area where there was little likelihood of finding big gold.

I also wish they would have had more of Zeak Tenoff on the show - he is a nut case.

My only hope for next years Gold Rush is that Tony Deets wife Minnie gets more air time - she is really a stunner.

19. a19ucla84

a19ucla84 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good drinking for Gold Rush

Every time Todd Hoffman says "I screwed up" have a drink....you'll be wasted in no time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.