1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Finally!!! 6 weeks out

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sweetcanadian, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and we are fully booked now!

This trip has taken many turns from what i originally thought it was going to be and where we were going to stay.

We leave home @ 2:55 and get to vegas just after 4 on direct flight so that is awesome.

We have 4 nights at MB to start us off thanks to myvegas. We then have to move to the gold coast (this is what threw me off course). I decided instead of 4-2-2 i would rather 4-3-1. I now have the conformation from marketing promo that i used and i bought one more night at the same price as 2 for excal but we are going to Toby keith's on the wednesday and this is much closer to harrah's. Plus we can relax a little this way.

We then move to MC for the last night thanks to myvegas. With the pub crawl starting out at PHO i figured this would be a good spot to start so that we are close to there.

All in all, 8 nights in vegas and only 1 paid for. We have to pay the resort fees of course but that is still awesome.

We even got 2 tickets to love so not all our rewards are used on rooms. I have to give up our MB buffet though........

Now that everything is fully booked & confirmed my head can rest a lot easier.

2. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sounds like a blast. Well done on the MyVegas comps!!

3. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! I am a thrifty person and try to find the best deals around. I know some people would rather pay for a room and use those comps for food but for me that's just not value. We eat on the fly, most times will be subway, not in restaurants.

Quite excited that i got direct airfare (airmiles) and 8 nights for about $665 for 2 people so that is very unsual from where i live. We are in the middle of canada and have some of the highest airfare in the country.

We drove to Minneapolis and while i got an unheard of rate (40% off on a freak booking window) it still cost more than this for gas & hotel for 4 nights.

4. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can imagine! My wife grew up in International Falls (on the border of Canada across from Fort Francis Ontario) and it takes us about 6 hours just to drive up there from the Twin Cities! That is probably only the half way point for you. Sounds like you really scored on that airfare also.

On a side note, I hope that you enjoyed your trip down to Minneapolis!

5. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds wonderful!! Hope you have a fantastic time!!!

6. emmada

emmada Vegas addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My countdown is at 42 days, I'm traveling with Air Canada with my Air miles for 139$. 2 nights comp at Orleans and 3 nights at Aria with MyVegas. Plenty of money to lose ....

7. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did, but i wish i would have brought canadian booze with me, what we found was garbage lol.

Thank you :)

Sounds like you made out like a bandit as well!! You are going right at the same time. We leave on the 10th. Is this your first night? I wanted tropicana or orleans but the person could not get them for when i wanted them so gold coast it is.

9. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice, right behind you. My birthday is on the 11th and I get in at 7am. I will already be wasted from the flight over. CAN'T WAIT

10. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got that one!! thank you. I planned to go anyways so was happy to see it.

It will be fun, did you see there is someone else probably coming who is staying downtown? (Not sure if the Rio is the only place your staying you said you will probably be downtown already if i am not mistaken)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.