1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Talk me into (or out of) Monte Carlo's Hotel32

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by VegasDave, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I have 45 days to find a place to stay for my 30th birthday. It happens on Friday April 11th and I plan on getting shit faced and yelling at everyone that it is my birthday regardless of age, race, sex, etc...

So here is my main problem, I have stayed at Cosmo for the past 3 trips in a row (a total of 10 nights) and fell in love with it. On that same note, I am not $800 for 2 nights in love with it. We are a group of 6 and plan on going to various clubs including Light, Marquee, ,XS, Surrender, over the 2 day weekend. The best deal for the money I found was 2 nights in Hotel32 for $502. The only room the site lets you book anymore is the regular studio (was going to look at the next one up since it gets you free limo transportation to and from the airport).

I can't find many deals that are going on past March so I just booked Hotel32 in hopes I can locate something else. SO... with $500 to spend, staying Friday and Saturday night I have a couple choices:

1. Keep hotel 32 for 2 nights for $500
    2. Extend my vacation for a day, book Monte Carlo with $75 beverage credit for $400
    3. Book Monte Carlo for 1 night using MyVegas weekend award and another night through my MLife (Pearl) for some where around $160 for 2 nights total.
    4. Find a better deal and rebook in another hotel, but the rest of the friends are staying in Monte Carlon. Proximity is important but I don't mind being in another hotel.
    5. Edit: I can get a spa suite for 2 nights for $500 as well at Monte Carlo. Not sure how beat up their regular rooms are though.

Is Hotel32 worth it over Monte Carlo for the price? I like the idea of the complimentary drinks and snacks but there are mixed reviews about it. Tripadvisor has the hotel in the top 20 overall which is good news (I use TripAdvisor for hotel bookings which usually make or break my decisions).

My last option/request is if anyone has seen any killer deals for Cosmo, Aria, Vdara, Mandarin Oriental, or even Bellagio, please help me out here. I don't mind spending $800 for a couple nights, but not on a basic room at Cosmo when I have stayed there for so cheap, even over Memorial Day weekend last year.

2. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Done Monte Carlo twice in the regular rooms and enjoy it immensely. Here are my thoughts.

Keep everyone in the same hotel. I wouldn't go off to another hotel while my boys who came to celebrate the big 30 were somewhere else.

If I can get 1 more day and $75 beverage credit for $400 vs 2 days for $500 plus? I'm extending a day or doing the combo MyVegas thing and all for $160.

Your intention is to party hard and remember pools are in full swing also. So do you really need to go spend more potential drinking money on the upscale suite, great room or whatever? Odds are it's going to be eat, sleep, rave, repeat. So just go with the basic room at MC and enjoy the time with the boys.

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it just gonna be you in Hotel 32?

I'd personally just save the money. Regular Monte Carlo isn't great though... but for sleeping it's fine. But I mean if you are just gonna party and hang out, why not? I'd rather blow the extra money on gambling or drinking. I know I always like to stay somewhere luxurious... but if I'm going with friends we usually just do whatever is the best deal for everyone.

Aria is really close if you wanted to try that... but it might be weird for you to stay elsewhere.

4. Okie21

Okie21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd definitely recommend staying at Aria. It is super close and even the standard rooms are amazing. And its $578. I'm thinking the room would be bigger and a shade nicer, but haven't stayed at Hotel32 to be sure.

5. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loving the feedback. Yeah with the partying hard all weekend I think same hotel is best option as you guys said. Wouldn't want to take separate rides or walk back to hotel even if it is only next door.

And the other really good point is to save the money and go for standard room which is probably what I will do. I just conformed I can have the whole weekend off when previously I thought I would have to work Sunday so I am in for the 3 day weekend.

Would love it if some good deals came up they were shared through here or pm but I will be keeping an eye out beginning of next month for some new codes.

6. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dave, I have stayed in both the Monte Carlo regular rooms and in a Studio at Hotel 32 last summer. Given the parameters you list, I would book the regular room at MC. I think 32 is a really good option for a variety of reasons, none would seem to be in your wheelhouse for this trip:

1, It's quiet and a bit subdued - you are out to get loud

2, Free morning coffee and light breakfast fare - you won't be up that early

3, Free evening hors d'oeuvres, might be a benefit but doubtful

Definitely nicer rooms and free soda/coffee throughout the day but is it worth that extra day in Las Vegas?

7. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well said.

I've enjoyed my stays at Hotel 32 quite a bit. And on a weekend where raising as much hell as humanly possible wasn't the goal, H32 might be a good option. But in the OP's case, I would either save my money for other things, or try to find a deal at Cosmo, Encore, et al.

BTW, what's up with prices that WE? Looking pretty salty. Something going on?

8. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is an 80-100k person event I saw, forgot the name already, that wraps up on the 10th so I imagine it will be busy. Very well put. I am booking Monte Carlo and will try a $50 plus dropping that it is my bday to get a spa suite for all nights. I see that the $20 trick doesn't help often at mc

9. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That deal you mentioned seems to be the best. Have you checked your Mlife account? Sometimes it could be a cheaper than the promo code.

10. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On booking.com, Bellagio, Aria, Mandarin Oriental, and Vdara are at or around $500 (before taxes and fees) for those two nights. Also, venetian, Pallazo, elera, trump and NOBU are in this range.

Vdara deluxe is $403 before taxes and fees. Bellagio standard is $498.

11. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the help everyone! Sco, really appreciate that checking into the other hotels. Travelzoo just started running a deal on montecarlo that is so good I'm not even going to use my myvegas reward and just pay for the hotel. Now I need something to use my reward points on! Have about 150k, would like to get to 250k and get the bottle service but not sure if it will happen.

12. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That weekend see Monte Carlo Code Sbmcny1

April 11 is 138.60 and April 12 is 161.10. Plus resort fee 22.40. After tax = 380.46
    Comes with 50 in drink credit

Mirage is
    4.11.2014 2 nights 378.56 out the door include tax and resort fee

Code for mirage is mirgmailem

I don't think vdara and mandarin are good choice for a crazy weekend.
    If u want me to check cet hotel let me know
    Fck

13. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Fk, but no necessary. The Travelzoo deal still trumps at Monte Carlo by a little bit and I think being in the same hotel as my mates is the best way to enjoy the weekend. I will need someone to help me find my room...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.