1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pre-pre-trip report: Sco Returns

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Snowbelle3, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am 2 months ahead of the game. But the journey begins...

Wynn was all booked for 5 nights in May. I had two comped nights and $200 freeplay thrown in again. I know it was just a marketing offer but it was an OFFER. Little minion rollers like me will take it :thumbsup: BUT THEN!

But then I got an itch to tour the length and breadth of Western Europe on a dime...

And what do you know? What Wynn cost me for 5 nights including rates, taxes, fees and incidentals (I always count the deposit as a goner so it feels like a bonus when I get it back lol) would be able to purchase me ALL of 1. a roundtrip ticket to Europe, 2. multi-city flights within Europe *and* 3. frugal accomodations...with some change left to spare.

I figured I already had my once-in-a-lifetime-for-a-low-roller trip to Wynn last December when they lavished me with multiple free buffets, a free dinner at Sinatra, some comped nights, some comped nightclub admissions and $200 freeplay!!! Oh, those slots are where it's at :thumbsup:

So, I bit the bullet and booked a dirt-cheap Euro trip after my Vegas trip.

It absolutely broke my heart to leave Wynn. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

But I LOVE a good DEAL!

As you may know, there are two groups of people in America who have the most flexibility and time when it comes to travel: the retired and students. Thus, I am exploiting this student time for all that it's worth....before life gets underway.

Friggin 5-hour statistics qualifying exam towards the end of the summer sooooo I thought I would treat myself! Technically I haven't had a truly "free" summer in 4 consecutive years between school and work...but I ALWAYS seem to make a WAY! This time...I have no obligations.

SOMEBODY's getting into something!! haha :beer::evillaugh

I am all over the idea of hitting up crazy pools, dayclubs, nightclubs, nightswims!

BUT really...I might just spend quiet time watching movies and banging 10 cents on slots.

I will be there from April 29-May 18 so, I know someone always jokes when I say this, but uh...it will be QUITE the whirlwind!! My goals are really simple this time...I am spending the maximum amount of time on the strip, getting lots of sun and splashing in the pool, watching a ton of shows especially (hopefully) the Billboard awards, doing my regular bouncing from place to place, meeting cool and interesting people and just taking it all in! I am in for a ride...I think.

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love LV as you know, but branching out especially internationally is incredible! I am heading back to Jamaica at the end of March.

3. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! LV is very special but I couldn't pass it up!

Enjoy Jamaica mon!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree you made the right call! I cancelled an LV trip last fall to go to Negril, best decision I could have made, hands down!

5. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WhoooO! Sounds amazing. I am even more excited now.

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you could have fun anywhere Sarah!

7. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you will love Europe given your adventurous nature. Go now while you have the time! The Wynn will still be there when you have less time and more money.

8. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aw thanks! :D Ken likes to say I plan things like the Normandy invasion. Hmmm...I will be hopping countries like I hop properties. haha

9. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Taking in all that life has to offer and enjoying all you can. Do it! :blowkiss:

So happy for you. Have a great time. :beer:

10. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "There's a time and place for everything - it's called college." - Chef (Southpark)

Good for you, you will have a blast. Vegas will always be a quick jump away - but Europe is a real treat for sure. Glad you got to finally pull the trigger on it... I know you've been flirting with the idea for a while now.

T

11. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the RIGHT idea! This helps a lot. Yes, more money, less time...probably a husband to nicely take care of the bill. :evillaugh Wynn is very romantic too!

12. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahhhh Europe. Paris...Rome....Boat rides in Venice....Monte Carlo....Castles......

Wait, this sounds a lot like the Vegas strip.

13. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks ardee! :blowkiss:So excited!!

14. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I laughed out LOUD on that one!

Yes indeedy...it was an idea not long ago....but soon to be a reality. I've got my Vegas itinerary more or less planned. But I am trying to find so many travel books to hit all the places I want overseas.

15. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A bunch of my friends who were stationed in Spain during my Navy days would do Europe by rail. I don't know if this is anything you'd be interest in or not. Basically they would get a rail pass, get on the train, get off at a certain city and stay for a day or so, hop back on. Repeat until they ended up back where they started from.

http://www.raileurope.com/index.html

16. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With two months to plan you could probably overtake a small country and become its Queen!!

17. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LMBO!!!!

You've got it! That is so true. Funny, I was really imagining you were talking about Europe the whole time. Fantasy as reality and then reality as fantasy!

18. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like a concrete itinerary so I didn't get the pass although it would have been economical. However, with megabus in Europe, I can get London to Paris for 1 euro! Whoooo!

19. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LMBOOOOO haha....

YES invasion commence, world domination and all that.....:banana::woot::woohoo:

20. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I'm confused. You got an entire European vacation for less than the cost of 3 nights at Wynn (since 2 were comped)?? :confused: How the heck did that happen?

In any case, I'm sure you'll have a blast. Seriously you're young and can do solo Vegas trips all the time. When you start working you'll see how easy Vegas trips are to do in terms of distance and cost. But traveling around Europe is a different story. I wish I did the whole backpacking thing when I was in college, traveling there now is a different type of experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.