1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Firebet hedge strategy - Excellent side bet.

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by CrapsGenius, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrapsGenius

CrapsGenius Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is a cool side bet for those safe play craps players.

Fire bet pays: (4 numbers pays 25/1) (5 numbers Pays 250/1) (6 numbers pays 1000/1)

1) Place 5.00 on the fire bet.
    2) When 3 out of 6 points get established, 4 fire bet points made will pay $125.00. Simply (Lay up to $120 on the 4th number) If 7 out or 4th point made, you are in profit.
    3) When 4 out of 6 points get established, 5 fire bet points made will pay $1250.00. Simply (Lay up to $750 on the 5th number) If 7 out or 5th point made, you are in profit.
    4) When 5 out of 6 points get established, 6 fire bet points made will pay $5000.00. Simply (Lay up to $2000 on the 6th number) If 7 out or 6th point made, you are in profit.

Win or Lose, you are a winner.

This is a very good hedge that can profit quite a bite without risking much of your bank roll.

Keep in mind this is only a side bet. Check out my other systems for craps

Enjoy!

2. 4Eyes

4Eyes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are no Craps Genius if you think the Fire Bet is "an excellent side bet." Also, there are no "systems" that will overcome the house edge at craps.

"Quite a 'bite'?"

3. CrapsGenius

CrapsGenius Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who embedded that into your head?

"You got'ta play boy if ya wanna make money"

House edge will always be there, get used to it.

4. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can't beat the house edge, but if you are lucky enough to get to three fire points made, this IS a way to insure a profit on that bet, (albeit much less than if you just let it ride.) Basically you'll experience the house edge on the fire bet when all those $5 disappear on zero, one or two points made.

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the long run, all craps betting systems fail. And while I have hedged the last number on an All or Nothing bet in the past, personally, I would not hedge on the fourth number of a fire bet. On the sixth number, maybe. To each his own

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  6. 4Eyes

4Eyes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mathematics has been around long before you somehow decided it doesn't apply to you.

7. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. I wouldn't hedge on the 4th. I would consider hedging on the 5th and most likely I would hedge at least some on the 6th.

8. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Seems like a good way to hedge but for some reason i have a hard time betting against the miracle bets

If u want to hedge the long shots then why bother playing them.?

Btw, rules of Math, physics, law enforcement doesn't apply to me :Þ

Fk

9. xizor

xizor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I am missing something in the terminology. How do you profit if you lay money on the point and the shooter 7s out?

10. CrapsGenius

CrapsGenius Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I incorporate the Firebets and hedging with my 6/8/hardways system and after much testing and running 100/1000/10000/100000/1000000 roll simulations, the system holds water. The firebet hedging produces much more positive results over standard $5.00 betting. (In other words, you win a heck of alot more than you lose.

This is the reason to hedge the firebet so you win when 7 out and also when point is made. 50/50

11. xizor

xizor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still don't get it.
    So lets say I roll 3 points and I set the fourth point as 10. Your system says I lay $120 on the 10. But then if I 7 out I win??

12. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you mean win percentage only? If so, then sure your system may make you a "winner" more often than strictly playing the pass. But if you are claiming it wins you more money on average in the end, your simulation is clearly flawed.

As for speaking generally, I can understand the desire of hedging the fire bet when the payouts get huge, but if you really feel that way, you shouldn't be playing a bet with these high variance payouts slash a 20%+ edge in the first place!!

13. CrapsGenius

CrapsGenius Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes but because its the 10 you will only win 60.00 + your original 120. if you make that 10, you lose the 120 hedge but you win 125 from your 4 point hedge.

the best hedge is against the 5th point because if you made 4 points and your next point is 9, you can lay $750 on the 9 and you can guarantee a $500 profit both ways, 7out or make the point.

14. CrapsGenius

CrapsGenius Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you are looking at the % of the bet (Yes they are bad) but if you watch the game, many times you will notice 3 points to the fire made and 4th point established. this is a very good opportunity to hedge that 4th point because many will 7 out on that 4th point vs. the 4th point being made.

15. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Laying" then 10 means you are betting that a seven will be rolled before a ten. So you win the lay bet on a roll of seven, or you win the fire bet on a roll of ten

The plans have changed
  16. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh no. We're delving down that rabbit hole of ignore the math, I've seen it happen "many times" reasoning. :faint:

The plans have changed
  17. CrapsGenius

CrapsGenius Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You win both.

7 is easier to roll than 10 so thats why the 120 lay but if shooter makes the 10, you win $125 on the 4 point fire and hope to get a 5 number hedge for that 750.00 to guarantee 500 profit from either side of the next point or 7.

18. xizor

xizor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! This was the term that I was missing. :peace:

19. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought as much. "Laying" in craps means betting against the number. Guess it's the same as sports betting. you're laying the favorite (the seven)

The plans have changed
  20. Mario's Backroom

Mario's Backroom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a craps novice, I'm not smart enough to follow all of this laying and hedging. All I know is I hit a 5 point $5 fire bet tonight that paid me $1250.... Not bad and will help fund my activities in 10 days! Thanks for the advice. Reading up on craps on this board in advance of my trip is what led me to try it tonight....don't want to appear such a newbie at the Vegas tables. Good luck to all!:beer:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.