1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

El Cortez - yay!!

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by kinkette, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinkette

kinkette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been over 2 years since we've been to Vegas - Downtown here we come!!

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome back! Hope you have a blast!!!

3. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be in the Towers Tuesday!

Jimbo338

4. SonOfSandsFan

SonOfSandsFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the Cortez! That is by far my favorite place to play when I'm downtown. I'll be in Vegas four long months from now, cant wait! Best of luck to you, hope to read all about it in a trip report! :cool:

Attached Files:

5. romstric

romstric Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be in the Cabana Suites on March 3rd.

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed in the Vintage rooms as well as the Towers, and though I prefer the space in the Towers both were clean, very well maintained, and the staff could not be more accommodating or friendly. I preferred the old Roberta's Restaurant to the Flame but that is not to say that the Flame doesn't have good food......just don't like a la carte and the formal atmosphere. The Café is very good with a great breakfast. I want to try their Chinese dishes this year. The Beat coffee shop has wifi free and early coffee for a buck.

I left a deposit on my debit card last year and it was refunded the day after I checked out. Even though I book through a broker I was always treated as a special guest. They have even given me broker numbers to try and book rooms when they had none to offer! They also print out boarding passes for you and shuttle you to the airport free. Sadly, they have added a resort fee now, but you just need to add it to the room cost when considering whether to stray there or not based on all the pros and cons. I like its distance from the FSE and have never heard the loud bands or been bothered by the noise in the Vintage Rooms or doors slamming in the Towers. The rooms have a safe and you need a room key to access your floor in the elevator. For convenience there is a Subway in the lobby, a 1200 car parking garage for free parking and a dollar store around the corner for munchies as well as several restaurants.

So far I have only stayed at ElCortez, the D when it was Fitz, and the Gold Spike. I'll be checking in EC tues, 2-25-14.

Jimbo338

7. kelly90900

kelly90900 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes have lots of fun:beer:

8. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The chinese is back? last time I was there I asked and they said it was gone, used to love that kung pow chicken.

9. theshaah

theshaah High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy the "Resort" fee.

10. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A good choice. If I were to stay Downtown - it'd be at El Cortez. I was in there this weekend checking out the changes (staff even showed me some rooms) and they've done an outstanding job on it. The vibe was great too.

Bill

11. realjwstorm

realjwstorm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked the cabana suites for Mar 2 & 3 about a month before they announced the "resort fees" .. so I'm assuming, hopefully correctly, that I won't be charged them?

12. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New to you

Have fun! Lots of new things to see downtown from 2 years ago.

TomTWI

13. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is most likely but best to call the EC to confirm that is the case. I have a reservation for June, I made it before Feb. I called the EC and they confirmed that I won't pay resort fees on my stay.

BTW, if anyone books through Booking.com. I tried to book the EC for another date, they only quoted me a one time $8.95 resort fee for my entire stay! I called the EC, I wanted to know if the $8.95 was a daily fee or a one time fee during your stay. The receptionist said that it was a daily fee so if you book through booking.com you will probably have to add in the daily fee for all the days of your stay.

14. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked my stay through Travelocity 3 times with a final price of $278. with tax for 7 evenings. I could not find my confirmation but had called to make sure the reservations were in the system. I checked in and went to my room and unpacked after inspecting for you know what. All was ok so I moved my luggage rack a light and fridge and plugged in my computer and found the wireless was acrive. I called the desk and told him that I had b ooked before the resort fee and that the wifi was on and I just wanted to make sure it wasn't costing me anything. He said no, that it was on everywhere and I wouldn't be charged. The room and taxes have already been paid of course, so I will tell you if they try and charge me for the "resort" privledges.

FYI, the wifi is provided by cox and is fairly slow.

Jimbo338

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.