1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Top of the World or elsewhere?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by LuckyDog77, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuckyDog77

LuckyDog77 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's everyone's opinion of top of the world? My buddy and I want to do one nice dinner during our three night trip, but don't want to eat so much that it slows us down. Any other recommendations for a nice place with a heavy night of drinking to follow?

2. mattMN10

mattMN10 Minnesota living. Las Vegas dreaming.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What type of food are you looking for? If looking for steakhouse, Envy Steakhouse just off the strip is awesome.. get the truffle fries, they rock. Awesome staff, perfect drinks, and great food without being as pricey as on the strip.

If not looking for the steakhouse feel, another option I like is happy hour at Koi @ Planet Hollywood. Lounge atmosphere, half off apps. Check out other happy hour options too! Have a blast.

Buddies 4th of July Bash
  3. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure I would recommend Top of the World. The view is cool but the food is about a b minus. With A minus prices (not the most expensive place in Vegas, but in the upper 20%.) Worth it with my wife, but I would not head there with another guy.

A lot of steakhouse are available. My son in law and I did Lowreys for martinis and prime rib before our night out on our own without wives. A real good choice.

But Matt is right - depend on what kind of food you are looking for. Lots of nice Italian options.

4. LuckyDog77

LuckyDog77 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good points... maybe we'll look elsewhere for dinner. I am thinking we may want to stay away from the beef if we want to get crazy afterwards. Maybe seafood or Chinese. Wouldn't be opposed to Italian as well.

5. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I ate there for lunch one day. Food was ok and price was fine too. Experience was kinda cool, room spins around once per hour. And you can go up to the top floor for pics.

Will we do it again? Probably not. Glad we went up there? Yes.

6. ezmoney74

ezmoney74 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lotus of Siam. If you like thai food, it doesn't get much better than this place.

7. mattMN10

mattMN10 Minnesota living. Las Vegas dreaming.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another option would be a tapas or small plate restaurant. I know many posters on here rave about Julian Serrano at Aria. Just another idea!

Buddies 4th of July Bash
  8. weekapaug74

weekapaug74 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would only recommend Top of the World if you're using the Restaurant.com certificate or going for lunch or happy hour. Dinner, without discounts, isn't worth it. The food is fine but it's not worth the prices being charged.

9. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Top of the World charges those prices for the view and not the food imho. I like Binions steakhouse for a great view and a good steak, not too overpriced as well. I think what really gets it for me is the history of the steakhouse, you can just sit there and imagine the infamy of the place. If those walls could talk!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.