1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Inconsiderate people on planes

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by freddywill, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freddywill

freddywill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, so we are waiting on the plane to leave Vegas, me and my gf is on the two seater on the left side of the isle in row 31 and in the middle isle two rows in front (row 29 and 30) have 2 four seaters empty. So I look at the guy on the side of us and he says go sit overthere you can lie down all the way home, haha and I tell him he should to that.

But just when we're about to leave, here comes this big hawaiian family with 9 of them coming down the isle, I just let out a grown and of course, that is there seats. They have two small kids, but the father, this fat guy comes in last with a toddler on his shoulder. I knew it was going to happen, it always does. got screwed again by the airplane gods.

Anyways, the toddler starts up yelling every few seconds and I just start groaning, its going to be a long flight. Then the father passes the toddler to the mother who is more in the middle and because they didnt buy a seat for him, he has to stay on her lap for the entire flight.

Finally we take off and here comes the crying ( i understand that the pressure hurts the babies ears), but after everything is stable, the yelling starts again. I have my ipod earphones on, but still can here the kid. (this is the first time I didnt bring my bose headphones, so dumb)

Anyways three hours later, still yelling off and on, and I get up to go to the bathroom and their entire family has HEADPHONES ON, so they cant hear the kid, but the entire plane can. So ignorant and inconsiderate! Next time I'll take a bus, oh yah, can't take a bus to Vegas from Hawaii.

Ok rant over, gotta get used to the humidity back on the island. (always gotta find something to grumble about you know. :soapbox:

2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stories like these make me really glad I've never had a crying kid on a plane. Any families with kids under the age of 5 should have to sit in the very back. Actually make it a law, no kids under 5 on planes at all.

3. freddywill

freddywill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I would pay extra for that.

4. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have adults only resorts, pools, cruises... why not planes? Might cost more, but you know there won't be any of this headache.

5. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate flying with annoying kids. The flight attendants should sedate all children under the age of 12 as soon as they get on the plane!!

Come to think of it, I'd take some sedation too :D

6. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    precisely why i never flew anywhere with my kids when they were that age. much easier to drive by the time you lug all the car seats and shit. But the primary motivator for me was avoiding the embarassment of being an annoyance to the whole plane.

7. freddywill

freddywill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shows you have consideration for others. I just cannot believe how those people had headphones on instead of trying to quiet down their little brat!

8. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suspect is was the kids not wanting to be associated with you..... :D

9. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even if you went the route to make something about it then you look like the dick. The flight attendants should of been on it.

10. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I support this law. Kids on the plane are like snakes on a plane.

11. Shjf

Shjf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might be rude to ask, or even say but..... WHY would you go to Vegas for a family vacation when your youngest is clearly an infant? Isn't that what Disneyland is for?

12. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was funny!

13. freddywill

freddywill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably because nobody wanted to watch the brat, I bet they take the infant to the movies too.

14. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There, fixed it for you!

15. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol, perfect.

:thumbsup:

16. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not a fan of inconsiderate people anywhere but........ it goes the same for a lot of adults too. I took my son to see my mom when he was about 8. He was not crying, yelling or anything. He was just asking me lots of questions and being curious in a normal voice and the man behind us flipped off because the kid was talking, told me he should have spent the flight completely quiet. I didn't get it, i turned around and said he is a kid, geez and left it at that. A different time & place and i would have said a lot more, but not in front of my son.

17. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And often times the kids can't really help it or they're scared or they want something... with adults its usually just someone being inconsiderate and incapable of thinking of others like:
    - the loudmouthed do*****ag who has a few drinks at the airport and a few on the plane and talks so loud they can still hear him in the terminal 10 minutes after the plane has left
    - the woman who pretty much bathes herself in some cheap perfume that she can still be smelled strongly 20 rows away
    - the person who just loves to hear their voice so much that they just can't shut up and gab gab gab gab gab they just talk on and on and on the whole flight, even after its pretty clear the person next to them has tuned them out and isn't paying anymore attention

Ah just imagine how much worse it'll be if they actually let people use cellphones in flight...

18. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chewable Flintstones Valiums?

Either for the kid or the rest of the plane...

19. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Diazepam...long half life, but I enjoy.

20. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We fly over from Scotland, involving 2 long haul flights, and always manage to end up sitting behind people who immediately recline their seats and our already tight space is halved!!! I realise everyone can recline, but we feel too guilty to cramp the ones behind us but the ones in front don't even check first to see if you are reading or have a drink on your table or even simply leaning forward.
    On the one occasion my wife complained to the guy in front, he summoned the air steward who was completely unsympathetic to us and said " well it's his right!" What about our right to be able to breathe comfortably?
    And yes, kids shouldn't be allowed..... anywhere!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.