1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest boarding

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Lhammer28, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked in at exactly 24 hrs prior to my flight and got B22. How awful- I usually get A-50's or early B's.... Im flying without my hubby so I don't need 2 seats together, but im a TERRIBLE flyer and I cannot take my Xanax anymore so I was really hoping for a window seat, now Im even more anxious.

2. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Early bird and a listers....you will still get a aisle or window with b22

3. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, ive noticed our last two trips that we never get A anymore if we dont early bird. Last year we did early bird and still got like A40. B22 you will get your choice just further back in the plane. Alot of folks want an aisle seat if alone so they can get up and out at their leisure! I like window seats myself, always enjoy looking at the changing scenery on teh way out there!

4. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess that makes sense, there are just a lot more than im used to! Im just a really anxious flyer...my heart is already racing! Since I cannot drink or take meds, this should be fun.

5. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try and drink as little caffeine as possible for the next 24 hours, maybe try a relaxing tea or something to calm your nerves as well! Its hard to stay calm on a flight I know, I jsut try and listen to music and/or read a book. Makes time go alot faster I think!

6. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will probably get a window seat, more people prefer aisles to windows from what I've seen, make sure you start looking the min you board, if you see a good seat in the first row or two grab it, I see people all the time pushing to the back when seats are wide open right near the front.

7. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of the times business select is a1-a15 sometimes there are only 1 or 2 people. So take that into consideration

8. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are worrying for nothing. You should be fine. Chill
    If you are afraid to fly, why would you want a window seat?

9. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It does help the feeling of claustrophobia for some. Flying solo - B22, you will be able to get a window seat. May be towards the back, but a lot of times there are single window/aisle seats in the front. Having a carry on will make that difficult though as most of the front overhead space will be taken.

10. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm 99% confident you will still get your choice of seats, just farther back on the plane.

If still are worried and are ok paying, you can do the A1-15 upgrade if they are available. Not sure on the price but I was thinking ~$40. I'm sure some of these sell out, but they have always been available when I asked(never purchased).

11. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just give them the $40 bribe they get for a Business Class upgrade when you get to the airport. If A1-6 are taken, you'll get A7 (or whatever) and it's no problem.

12. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the reassurance and tips!

I do like to see what is going on, idk if that makes sense....but that's why I prefer the window.

Im also flying with a GF of hubs co-worker, who has never flown and has OCD. so this should be a fun flight. I told the co worker to tell his GF that we may not be able to sit together, Ive met her once so its not like I can help calm her down, not like I could, i'll be freaking out myself.

Ill let you guys know in a TR when Im back!

13. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel for the person who has to sit with you two, lol! You two will have them a nervous wreck by the time you all land, either that or maybe you two better buy them a drink!:evillaugh

14. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps you and the other lady shouldn't sit together. You will be dealing with your anxiety, but having her OCD in full swing may not be the best thing for either of you.

I wish you well.

15. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No alprazolam. I remember the xanax (bars and footballs) days.....not the next morning

I would recommend drinking on the plane. However, this may make you more anxious depending how you react to alcohol.

You could always ask someone to switch seats with you.

16. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly Southwest 18-24 times a year... NEVER had a problem... please relax and think about where you're going and all the FUN you'll have when you get there.

17. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsup::beer: Yup I use to fly them all the time.. until my travel got reduced from 60% to 15% lol

18. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would LOVE to be able to have a drink, but I cant, which is also why I cannot take my Xanax.

It should be interesting. And I cannot wait to be on the ground in beautiful Las Vegas!

19. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did I read that you are going to Vegas with someone you have only met once? Is that correct?
    Are you two planning to hang out together?
    Good luck!!!

20. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL.

LJ! HOW YOU DOING?! (from 55C)
    SO FAR SO GOOD!!! (from 12B)
    WHEN'S THIS PLANE GOING TO TAKE OFF?! (from 55C)
    20 MINUTES AGO!!! (from 12B)
    OH SHIT!!! (from 55C)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.