1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

June trip preparations

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by rgerards, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rgerards

rgerards Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

I would like to share my vegas plans (June 11-26) with you guys. Some things before I start:

- We come from the Netherlands, our plane tickets are quite expensive (approx $1000 pp) so we like staying longer periods. Its not the first time, so we know whats coming :)
    - We planned this trip around the group phase of the World Cup (u know, the game with the round ball ;p)
    - We usually have approx $130/night (including taxes/fee's) budget for a 2 queen room so we are usually in the NYNY/MC/MGM/Mandalay level of rooms.

With all that said, our trip plans look like this:

11-Jun Aria
    12-Jun Aria
    13-Jun Aria
    14-Jun Aria
    15-Jun Aria (myvegas)
    16-Jun Aria (myvegas)
    17-Jun Bellagio premium fountain view
    18-Jun Bellagio premium fountain view
    19-Jun Bellagio premium fountain view
    20-Jun Plaza (escaping insane EDC rates)
    21-Jun Plaza (escaping insane EDC rates)
    22-Jun Aria (myvegas)
    23-Jun Aria (myvegas)
    24-Jun Aria (myvegas)
    25-Jun Aria (myvegas)

We allways wanted to stay in an awesome fountain view room (cosmo or bellagio) but never had the budget for that. Now with MGM saving us 6 nights it was only fair to splurge for a few nights Bellagio and get that fountain out of our system. We have also allready upgraded the Aria rooms to 2 queens ($30/night) to avoid sad faces after check in. For our budget, this looks like a nice list to us, so I hope myvegas keeps going and we'll definetly keep playing.

I do have some questions in preperation for our trip:

- We would like to experience A5 Wagyu but not break the bank. I saw a nice tasting menu at CUT, any other options to experience real Japanese A5 Wagyu that is affordable ? (say $100 pp)
    - What are good places to watch World Cup games ? can they be reserved ? whats the cost (or food minimum) ?
    - Any upgrades to shoot for at Aria or Bellagio ? I guess Aria a strip view ? at Bellagio I guess we are allready at the max of "normal" rooms ?
    - Does Aria/Bellatio rate $15-25 blackjack ? (I know comps wont be much, but more then 0 is allways welcome)
    - I read a few months ago about a $10 MGM BJ table with S17, is that still available in the morning and where is that table located ?
    - Anyone with experience @ bellagio with premium fountain view rooms ? one better then the other ?
    - Anyone that can compare the bellagio room to a 2 queen Cosmo room with balcony ? Should I keep looking for cosmo deals or is the bellagio room superior in terms of Fountain View ?

I hope I did not crash the internet with all the questions :)

Thanks in advance

2. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Answers above...

3. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

see above in bold

4. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have 6 nights with myvegas aria there, is that bonus nights? I did not look at the dates to see if one night is a weekend. That would be pretty sweet if you got all those as bonus nights, it is a lot of lps. I thought about it, and i have enough for our dates but it would spoil me to go back to something much lower lol.

5. rgerards

rgerards Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last 4 are bonus (100k), the first 2 are "normal" I believe (200k). I still have 700k LP left and my friend has approx 300k ... been playing a little less then a year.

6. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A5 Wagyu costs about $30 per ounce. You can split a steak between 2 people. I'm not sure if 3-4 ounce is enough per person, but at least you can get a taste.

You could try the tomahawk steak at SW (Wynn) for $100. I think it's a 30-40 oz steak.

7. rgerards

rgerards Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My god, 30-40 oz haha. Probably going for the CUT tasting menu.

Also found an option for Jockey Club for $200 more then plaza, any opinions on that place ? all "normal" hotels are not really affordable

8. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're going to hate Las Vegas June 20-22.

I personally will be there as I'll be in town for it.

HUGE crowds expecting for a rave. More info here: http://electricdaisycarnival.com/

9. doctork

doctork Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't mind leaving the strip, Crown & Anchor pub is a a soccer bar that has great soccer crowds.

My group is also going for the World Cup, so hopefully we'll see you there. We're Americans, but would love to watch the Holland games wirth some natives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.