1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Steakhouse @ Circus Circus rated #1 by Zagat

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by LindainWI, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LindainWI

LindainWI Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can this be true??? The best steakhouse in Las Vegas is in Circus Circus? I just don't know if I can make it past the clowns and kids. What would you say?

2. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Zagat ratings are based on the opinions of the general public. Those who go to circus circus are more easily impressed than those who go to Bellagio. There are some cities where the Cheesecake Factory is the number 1 restaurant on Zagat. The "real" best restaurants are judged more critically by people with higher expectations.

3. LindainWI

LindainWI Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah ha. I didn't know that. Thanks for that key bit of info. Very important fact!

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmmm... novel way to do a survey?

Yes, the Circus Circus Steakhouse is OUTSTANDING and on par with any steakhouse I've eaten in. There've been many threads on steakhouses here on VMB and CC Steakhouse is ALWAYS mentioned and by more than just me. It's the only reason I go to the property. I have some clients that like the place. The Golden Steer just around the corner on Sahara by the I-15 is another "old-school" favorite.

5. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A great dinner at the Golden Steer in 1986 was enough to help me and a buddy middle though a low-rolling first LV trip to Stupak's Vegas World...We kinda stumbled upon the place,saw the sign down Sahara from the strip one night walking around looking for some dinner.I honestly can't remember where else I ate or at all those few days...(Free Coors 24hrs at Vegas World and some Coke too....:nono:)
    Want to go back someday but a steakhouse dinner and cab ride to the place isn't in the cards anymore..rather eat at the hotel or in room nowadays..
    According to the website,it looks like the same very nice menu and not much has changed except the prices but that was worth it back then for the meal,no doubt still the same.

6. Dweller

Dweller Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Circus Circus Steakhouse has good quality steaks but their salads and side dishes are average. It is a simple steakhouse like you find in a quiet town but it is good. It's not stylish or creative like the other top steakhouses in the city, but the quality of the steaks is almost equal in my experience.

7. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first and only time there was with my Vegas reward. It was good for $150. We went during happy hour when drinks for cheap between 4 and 6 PM. We each had a 21 ounce porterhouse steak with side salad. The salad was okay mistake was great mashed potatoes how can you go wrong and vegetables. We had a hard time spending $150 between the two of us. I would highly recommend this as a steakhouse!

8. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still mad at them for discontinuing their Sunday brunch. That was the best bargain in town.

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been one of my favorite places for over 20 years. The dry aged steaks are wonderful. Very old school Vegas.

10. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The steakhouse is absolutely nothing like its surroundings. Not even clowns on the wall. It doesn't look like its changed since the hotel opened in the 70's. And while you wouldn't say it's cheap, it's a great value for the price.

Like you, I missed out on this steakhouse for so long because of its location. But it really is worth playing dodge-the-misbehaved-children to seek it out.

11. tldbucs

tldbucs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I love the CC Steakhouse. It gives us the feel of old Vegas along with an excellent dining experience. The old school look and feel transports us to a different time.

12. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been wanting to try this place, perhaps next trip. I've heard it's outstanding.

13. God-Speed

God-Speed "Live Life, Live It!"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I had dinner there last August and it was top notch. Service was good and the food was just as good. We will go back for sure. :thumbsup:

14. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seriously? I'm glad I came across this thread. I never thought I'd have reason to set foot in CC again, but a good steak and a good price? Yessir!

15. buddhaluv

buddhaluv Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    excellent and you use to be able to enter in the alley between slots of fun and circus and not step in at all not sure if that entrance is still there

16. CFioren317

CFioren317 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there with my wife about 8 years ago and it was surprisingly great. This past year, we ate at Bally's Steakhouse and it also was stupendous. Both have that old school Vegas feel to them if that is something that is important to you. I would recommend both.

17. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI Bally's Steakhouse recently closed and will reopen as BLT Steak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.