1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Pool In May

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by jfiello, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfiello

jfiello Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello fellow Vegas Connoisseurs -

Going to the Wynn in May for a bday weekend. Love the pool. Was wondering if anyone has had luck sneaking some beers to the pool in a purse or backpack? Do they check your bag when you show them your room key upon entering? Call me cheap, but if I can save a few bucks on 3 or 4 beers hell why not? :beer:

Also, the cabana rentals are going for $700 a day in May! Any idea how to score one a little cheaper without being a High Roller? We are far from high rollers.

Thank you all and how do I get the count down ticker?

2. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every pool I've been to (I have not been to the Wynn's) will check your bags for outside food/drink.

As for cabana rentals, that's a pretty good price even at middle of the pack strip hotels. I'm not sure of any ways to score them any cheaper.

3. LindainWI

LindainWI Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Click on User CP at the top left of the screen. Then click on settings and options. You will see "countdown timer" listed there. Just follow the directions from there.

4. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on the pool and bag. Flamingo just glanced and felt the bag a bit and let my friend in and she had a few can of beers in her bag...no Wynn might be a bit more strict

5. ohiostate241

ohiostate241 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. SelfMade

SelfMade Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are we talking about the regular pool or EBC? The former you might sneak something through in a water bottle or smaller flask. With the latter... don't bet on it.

7. jfiello

jfiello Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm referring to the regular Wynn pool. I was hoping inly to smuggle a few beers but it may be more hassle than its worth. Whats the worst they are going to do if the catch it? Throw it away?

I can't insert my countdown timer until 20 posts...Dam! I guess I will have to spend the day at work posting about Vegas.

8. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont think they ever checked my girls bag at the Wynn or Encores pool area. Still it sounds like a hassle having to sneak around drinking it not to mention that it will get warm fairly quick. If you can afford to stay at the Wynn you should be able to afford a few cold ones at the pool.

Im sure if they catch you they will just ask politely that you leave it outside the pool area since its not allowed, if they say anything at all.

9. jfiello

jfiello Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can afford a few cold ones at the pool....but a full day of drinking (which I'm known for) will get expensive.

Probably not worth the hassle but worth asking.

One more - how are the cabanas? Are they worth the $$$$?

10. Gaylord Focker

Gaylord Focker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get your priorities straight: Vegas trip planning first......work later.

11. jfiello

jfiello Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trip is planned. 3 days at the Wynn Memorial Day weekend. Got a good deal through their website....early booking promo. Now if I could only get the $20 trick to work there.

12. fire46149

fire46149 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will be fine we never had our book bag checked. We didn't have anything to hid but 2 trips neither time did they ask to see what was inside. This was wynn pool and TS pool.

Btw way we drank our lunch one day and cost us $90 so sneak on in lol

13. jfiello

jfiello Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's good to hear. I have a feeling if I sneak them in my wife's purse they are less likely to check.

I will give it a shot! I wish I was there now!

14. etm117

etm117 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there in October and they never checked out pool bag any of the days we went to the pool.

15. jfiello

jfiello Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks - I'm going to bury a few in the bottom of my wife's purse and see what happens. :beer:

16. Danny12

Danny12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Never had our bags checked at the normal Wynn pool, only normally went from opening till lunch though so never even thought about taking drink to be honest and a cabana would have been a wast for a couple of hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.