1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lemongrass at Aria

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by biggied9d, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biggied9d

biggied9d Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone. We are thinking of dining at Lemongrass at Aria before we see Zarkana. Any suggestions for what to or not to order? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Motorcat

Motorcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have not visited Lemongrass but we did Sage and it was fantastic.

I don't think your going to go wrong dining anywhere in the Aria.

3. sh0n

sh0n Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anything that is Thai is highly recommend at lemongrass.

I have tried the fried Kwai teo, curry, Thai ice lea al very good.

4. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to Lemon Grass at the end of a trip. Service was good but the food was just fair. Would recommend Julio Serranos over it

5. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have been there twice in November an loved it. Great service, great food and adjustable spicy. Also great for a late night stop. Think they're opened 'til 2AM on weekends.

6. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My only advice is that you order it less spicy than you would normally order it. I like spicy food, and I ordered mine 7 out of 10 on the heat scale. It was SO DAMN HOT! I drank like 10 glasses of water throughout the meal.

7. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ordered a 5... and got afraid when the waitress told a lady next to me that a 2 is spicy... it was at the top of what I like... but I liked it!

8. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I concur with some of the other posters on spicy levels at Lemongrass. I generally like my food fairly hot, but the Thai waitress said she likes hot food and only orders 3 out of 10 at Lemongrass. I ordered a 2 and thought it was plenty hot!

I had fried rice and my wife ordered pad thai when we last ate there. Both were very good. It didn't seem very cheap, but that is par for the course at Aria. That said, I will definitely go back.

9. Beaker

Beaker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The tasting menu is an excellent choice, my wife and I did this on our last trip.

10. gpburdell

gpburdell Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the panang duck.

11. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We enjoyed the Thai dishes there at the end of our last trip, using our $$ accumulated on our mlife card...

one tip re: spiciness...if you want control, ask the server for the spicy condiment tray, Lemongrass has it, as well as any reputable Thai place..has variations of pickled hots (sliced thai bird chiles in vinegar), ground dried chiles, relishes, etc, usually about 4 or 5 ways to brighten your food, and you get to control it....just ask, they will bring it to you...

12. RIRugrat

RIRugrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with VegasDave, the food was meh when my father and I ate there in December and we love Thai food. The prices are ok but the $19 3 course lunch at Julian Serrano also at Aria is a far better deal.

If you want to see some really high prices for Asian food at Aria, just walk across the hall to Blossom and check out their menu. My jaw dropped at the hundreds and even thousands of dollars for their hot pots.

Chris

13. rscpa

rscpa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love Lemongrass, always eat their twice on every trip. Go on Friday and Saturday for the din sum. Barbeque Pork buns are great. My wife is in a rut. She always orders the Rib eye salad. I get either the Basil chicken or the Drunken Noodle with chicken. Son always gets the sweet and sour chicken. Be sure to save room for the mango sticky rice as I eat Thai food wherever can get it and that is the best we have had.

As to Julian Serranos, we love Spanish food. That was always on our hit list when going to Vegas, but the last two times the food has not been good across the board. Not to say that all was bad, but had the paella and it was not fully cooked. We swore not to go again, it was that bad.

14. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Upscale Chinese restaurants are pretty expensive.

Lemongrass has pretty good food. It cures my Asian food cravings quite well when I'm in town.

15. gpburdell

gpburdell Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from staying at Aria a couple days ago. Went to Lemongrass twice while I was there.

I tried two new things. The chili sea bass which was ok and the soft shelled crab fried rice, which was fantastic. It's loaded with soft shell crab and regular crab. It's expensive, but if you split it with 1-2 people it's worth it.

16. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to Lemongrass a few days ago and was a bit disappointed with the food, especially the pho. The soup broth was so lukewarm that the veggies I added didn't even cook through. It's not that hard to keep broth hot, especially at a kitchen that is making meals at a higher quality restaurant.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.