1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Most You've Spent on Taxi on a Trip?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by VDMTom, Feb 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who else spends a lot on taxi rides?

SEMA trip 2013 cost me $225-250 in taxi rides for a Wednesday to Saturday trip. And that was mainly rotation split rides.

Last trip with my GF I spent $190 for Fri to Sun trip.

:faint:

2. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does that include surcharge for using a credit card?
    Otherwise I'd just rent a car and go off strip more.

Fk

3. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope, typically I use cash for taxi rides 95% of the time. I have a pretty good idea how many times I take the cab lol.

4. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think I've ever spent more than $50 in a trip. I'm always with at least 1 other person so the cost gets split.

5. QIKFIX

QIKFIX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only used cabs twice in our 5 trips to Vegas.

Usually someone within our group rents a car.

6. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually cab it once or twice per trip even though I drive to Vegas. I'll drive in the morning, but I will either walk or cab at night because I will be drinking (also, the gf wears heels and takes longer than she thinks to get ready so we are running late and cabbing it saves time from parking or even valet). That said, my cab rides are usually only $10-15 + tip, so I've never spent more than $50 on cabs in a trip.

7. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only time I tend to use a cab is to and from the airport although my last trip I did use cabs more that usual, I got a cab from Stratosphere to Downtown and back on Halloween as I knew the deuce would be packed and also used one to get to Counts Kustoms. I usually will use the deuce a lot to get me around.

8. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I know I will be in a taxi more than 4 times, I just rent a car anymore. Its not worth it to pay taht much for them when you can get a car for half that. Unless money is no object or its an exspense acct of course! ;)

9. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prob $100 or so due to it was raining good in november

10. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During our last trip (Nov 2013) we probably spent $130 because it was raining most of the time.

Normally its closer to $60.

11. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually spend around $175-250 per trip on taxis.

Your amounts might seem high, but not really: in both examples it works out to about $50 per day (taking off $40 for a to and from to the airport and dividing the balance by the number of days in your trip).
    If most trips are TOs and FROMs then you can divide that in half to $25 per ride, take off maybe $5-7 per ride in tip and you are left with two $18-20 cab rides each day, which isn't really anything out of the ordinary... just means you ride the cab maybe twice a day on the average on your trips.

12. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. Auggie got it right. 2-3 cab rides a day.

13. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually just under $100. One trip downtown from the airport. One trip to the strip from downtown and then the strip to the airport. I rarely take a cab unless I have luggage with me.

14. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

I always have a car. but I do take taxis, depending on the amount of alcohol in me. From the Strip to Red Rock or the strip to M. It costs a lot but not as much as a DUI. It's like not walking around in North LV alone, or many other things. Protect yourself at all costs. And it is a lot quicker most of the times. but I must say, I do hate the cost. Lesser of two evils.

15. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most people arent calculating that he's going to the convention center and parking has been either $10 or $20 each day to park in front of the convention center.

So in a way, renting a car isnt really saving that much money since you have to pay for parking everyday anyway. Not that its alot, but consider that expense those few days,

I've been going to SEMA for 12 years and exhibited the last 5 yrs. But we usually have a big group that we pile into a car we brought in so the daily parking is split up and is business expense anyway.

To the OP, I assume money isnt an issue anyway, but if it was, why didnt you just take the free Bus that takes you to the convention center from all the different hotels. They run every 15-30 min, I think from 8am to 1pm and 3 to 7pm.
    If you never used them, they are easy to use. Maybe take the bus one way and taxi it going back.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.