1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fremont East experiences???

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by captainron62, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone have any great Fremont East experiences or recommendations they would like to share??

2. NeilV

NeilV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Thai has great food.

3. doctork

doctork Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Griffin is my favorite place down there. Great place to meet new people and have fun. Drinks are reasonable, too. We go every year and have never had a bad time.

It's an eclectic crowd, which I think is one of the reasons I love the place. Get there late-ish. Things don't start picking up until 11:30 or so.

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, will plan on hitting it up!

5. Wolfman619

Wolfman619 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ron - i highly recommend downtown cocktail lounge. it gets overlooked alot, because the front is dark and the sign is understated. but its a great place to start an evening especially if you are with your lady or another couple. never a cover, nice lounge couches and affordable signature cocktails, punchbowls, and hors de ouvres. they also offer bottle service at a fraction of what you find on strip. best part is, they have a live dj, but they play more chill or house music rather than top 40 or dance music. the service is impeccable as well. every time im in town i try to always make a stop here, and even chose it as the spot to propose to my wife, just a kickass chill atmosphere.

also, i recommend backstage bar and billiards if pool is your thing. this place is huge and they have a ton of pool tables with good service and cheap drinks. last time i was there they had a rock dj spinning classic vinyl. me and my buddies enjoyed it so much we went 2 nights in a row.

btw...i saw you mentioned mix at mandalay, and did research. def taking the wifey next time im out.

6. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had several good trips to the Downtown Lounge over the years. They make very good mixed drinks and it is a great place to relax with good background music which doesn't overwhelm.

Have been to the Atomic Lounge every time I've been downtown since it has reopened and enjoyed very visit. Love their Manhattans and last trip was fortunate to have a rare treat which is hard to find in Chicago, let alone on the West Coast.

Third and final recommendation tonight is Container Park. It was pretty cold that night we went, but this is a place I look forward to staying for an hour or two listening to the bands playing while enjoying a few drinks.

7. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lots of good suggestions here already.

I really enjoyed the Commonwealth when I went there with my friends during a Vegas trip over Thanksgiving weekend.

The upstairs rooftop area was definitely lively and had a fun, good-natured vibe. While the bar up there was very busy, the bartenders worked quickly and we never had to wait long to get served. The drink prices were not outrageous either (6 to 8 bucks for a mixed drink). They also had a couple of those propane heaters up there, since it was November.

8. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sound like exactly what we are looking for Wolf!! Thanks a lot, had not heard of this place!

9. Wolfman619

Wolfman619 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    look forward to hearing about it in your next t.r.

10. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You sure will!

11. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Insert Coins is really cool for an old video game and beer, Papa Joes ( i think thats the name) is a neat east coast style pizza place, been there for years!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.