1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mgm property comp question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by littlepiggie, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am currently planning to stay at cosmo but have an offer for aria where i never stay. The offer is free weekday night 150 resort credit and 100 slot play and bogo tickets. Note i never stay there. If i take the offer and provide minimal play will it hurt my bellagio offers? Mlife is tricky.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Play or activity at any MGM property will track in the system. That low play visit will put a dent in your future offers at other MGM properties.

Then again, that is a pretty good offer. I would give it a shot myself.

3. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take the offer and play at Bellagio...

4. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was thinking of no playing aria and just taking fp and food. But wont if it will hurt bellagio offers. I always get torn.

5. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering if playing in anyone MGM property even if I don't book their hotel would have a negative impact on future offers?

6. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booking the hotel can not have that much impact.

When you play, they measure your play. Your PLAY is how they determine what sort of player you are and how much THEY want to gamble on your future play.

7. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SO If i booked the offer and use it up and don't play a dime at MLIFE it will not impact my future offers is what I think. I hear the same from a host at another property. THey look at daily theoretical so If i don't play I don't have a theoretical. This is just dumb but I think that is how it works. So no playing MLIFE is not a problem as long as I don't put a dime in.

8. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you book a comp room, Mlife knows you're there for however many days you book. No-playing will absolutely, positively affect your average theo, and consequently your future offers.

9. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Logically, what you are saying makes "mathematical" sense. Zero play would equal zero theo, so no foul.

BUT - any activity will trigger the system. I found this out once on a trip. Host booked my free show tickets 3-4 weeks before our visit. While trying to get some additional comps on the actual visit,he finally noticed that I had been over comped a few weeks earlier. I of course said I had not been there for months. Turns out the booking of those comped tickets triggered the mystery theo system.

So, a comp stay that has your players number most probably will trigger an event. And that $0 of play will get averaged in.

10. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I'm with nostresshere. I made a similar mistake.

I played in Detroit to kill a couple of hours (to please the wife). I didn't even use the freeplay that they offered. Some low play craps and penny slots. Nothing intentional.

Since then, my offers have decreased.

I think any card use, triggers something in the system.

11. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So give them no play at all. So weird. I always prefer cosmo but do not want to burn bridges. But eventually offers dry up

12. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That "zero theo" day gets averaged in with all your others. I'm not sure why some believe that zero is better than low theo when the hotel knows you are there already.

If you are just passing through and NOT redeeming an offer or staying in the hotel, you are better off zero playing.

13. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Just to clarify...

If you take the offer. I suggest you play above your typical play. It is a fairly rich offer for one day.

If you don't take the offer. It's status quo.

If you decide to play at any MGM property, play as you would normally play. Anything less will hurt your future comps.

14. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to stick to my cosmo offer for 3 nights and 85k slot tourny. I wont' put any coin in at an MGM property since I won't stay there.

15. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's too bad, but it's probably for the best. Don't know what I did to tank my Bellagio offers, but staying elsewhere (NY NY) probably had something to do with it. Even though I stopped in and dropped about a grand at the Bellagio during that trip. Don't know what else would have done it.

16. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it is a game and if you know the rules your fine however with MGM no one knows the exact rules. I played last time at bellagio a few hundred and I am still getting offers. 3 free nights 100 fp and 250 food for Spring. I am however not as big of a player as you.

17. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called and spoke with Aria marketing and had a very direct conversation with them. THey said the only offer me no playing them would have would be future offers at ARIA and there is no guarantee at that. He also stated that I should probably not play at all if I wasn't staying there as it would negatively impact my play. He also stated if I don't start playing there regularly my offers will probably just be discounted rooms. I though to myself then why not just take the 150 in food and go to Jean Georges and 100 FP and maybe give them a little play. I only had to book one night. Tempting when things are free and they tell you that your offers are gonna go away if you don't play. I have no host at ARIA

18. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel your pain JosieCat. Had I known the same thing, I never would have put the players card out in Detroit. I figured that it couldn't hurt. Live and learn.

I guess the question is: Has someone been able to undo a mistake (with mLife) in the past?

19. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I spoke with a bellagio Executive host and they informed me that any play triggers a trip and this could impact future offers. I asked her directly if I should use a card if I don't plan to play my normal level and she said don't use a card. Interesting. She also said Bellagio specific offers are based on bellagio play and my play elsewhere would not impact them.

20. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not even going to try. It seems like the more play you give them, the worse they treat you. I earned 196,000 tier credits on my 3 day stay in November, but still have fallen off every M Life list you can fall off of. I don't get corporate offers anymore, I don't get e-mails from them anymore, and no snail mail either. My Pearl level BF who plays far less than I do on every trip gets treated better than I do.

For my June trip, I'm going to use my $1,100 in express comps to stay in a kick-butt suite at the Vdara - and I'm going to play elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.