1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which Cirque show to see??

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Vegasbaby, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegasbaby

Vegasbaby Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Out of the following 3 Cirque shows which one is the better won to attend. LOVE at Mirage, MJ at Mandalay Bay or O at Bellagio? Not a fan of the Beatles but would go see the show if it is worth it.

Thanks

2. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are all good - can't go wrong.

• If you are a Beatles fan, go to Love
    • If you are more of a MJ Fan, then One is for you.
    • If you are not a fan of either, then O may be best
    Otherwise, it may come down to convenience - which hotel you are staying at, where you want to have pre-show dinner, etc.

Again, they are all great!

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    O is really impressive. But if you are an MJ fan, go see that one. It has gotten good reviews

I Need Spa
  4. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I am not a Beatles music fan, but Love is by far my favorite show in Vegas. I try to watch it every trip.

5. bryinmi

bryinmi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone loves Love...except me. I would choose O. I don't know enough about One. But honestly you'll probably be happy with any of those choices. You will get every opinion possible regarding shows. The fact is no one knows your taste.

6. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And me. Love the Beatles but felt the show was worthless. O is very good and very Cirque, a little repetitive but has the wow factor. Haven't seen MJ yet but hear it may not be acrobatic enough (my favorite thing about Cirque), but I still want to see it.

7. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm hearing that ONE is the way to go these days...

But personally, I've seen 3 Cirque shows, and I was very MEH on all of them.

LOVE is constantly on sale, you can probably get it half off. I mean that one would be $50, the other two would be $150+.

8. The Equalizer

The Equalizer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love is my favorite of the 3 with O far below it and one somewhere in the middle one will have the least acrobatics O has the most love is a great mix with an amazing stage and if your a Beatles fan amazing music

9. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOVE but I dig the Beatles for being young hahah

10. Hurr1cane310

Hurr1cane310 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MJ One is the only Cirque show I have seen more than once. I loved every minute of it. If you hate MJ music obviously you probably won't like it but if you are even a casual fan I think you would enjoy the show.

11. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And me. I've seen quite a few shows and LOVE is my least favorite.

12. Vegasbaby

Vegasbaby Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone but I am not a Beatles fan at all. Honestly can't stand them. Elvis is the King and always will be. I guess now it comes down to what the wife wants. LOL

13. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Have you seen any sort of Cirque show? To me the absolute best Cirque shows are the traditional ones like Varakai, Allegria, or Drallion. In Vegas, Mystere is probably the closest to the traditional Cirque. If you prefer a more theatrical theme, then O is better suited for you. The other two choices are more upbeat and dance oriented and less so on the acrobatics of a traditional Cirque show.

14. Vegasbaby

Vegasbaby Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't seen any Cirque show because it just never applied to me. Vegas were always guy trips or solo, now that the wife is coming for the first time I suggested one of these shows.

15. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know it's not on your list, but I always tell Cirque virgins to see Mystere. For me, it's the baseline for Cirque shows and many of the rest are departures (although sometimes vast departures) from that style. I haven't seen MJ One, but I was really underwhelmed by the other two. Tastes are wildly different, though -- I'd recommend watching the preview videos on the Cirque website (or YouTube) and going from there.

16. northstar9

northstar9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    O is amazing.......ONE is incredible. Can't go wrong with either. If you like MJ at all go see it, if you hate MJ go see O and you will be amazed at the show.

17. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

This is actually great advice here! The Cirque website has a lot of videos, as well as interviews with some of the performers.

18. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great advice all around. Mystere should be the first show someone sees if they want to see a CDS show in Vegas.

I've seen several of them, and I'm sort of on CDS burnout. Not really planning on seeing one during my next trip at all.

19. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mystere remains high on my list, even though it's been years since we've seen it. I'd definitely go back and see it again. And there are always deals to be had for the show and if you end up hating it, you haven't wasted a bunch of your bankroll.

20. LindainWI

LindainWI Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best Cirque Show

In your opinion, what is the best or must see Cirque show and why? I've seen Zumanity and enjoyed it but would like to see another Cirque show.
    Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.