1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Second Interview: Almost There!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by TIMSPEED2, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, last I left off...
    https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102448

Well, today I had my second interview...
    Met with the main director, who seemed really charged up to have me there...he told me about the job and hiring process and remarked "We obviously are interested in hiring you, or else you wouldn't be here." so, that's a good sign
    Then I met with the supervisor of the department I'd be working in...we seemed to really hit it off and basically bullshitted for an hour.
    Then I met with the other systems analyst, and he asked me some rote questions "why do you want to work here...what are you best at, etc"
    Then I had to take a little test, which the only question I missed was how to schedule a server shutdown (I remembered it was task scheduler, but couldn't remember the exact line! Doh! Very minor crap...
    So, like I said, the main director and dept director seemed really interested in me...the other guy was kinda ho-hum...but I know I impressed the main director because I said how to fix a problem that they just had (at my wife's work).
    So, just a little more positive vibes, and I'm in like Flynn!
    Lol, and actually, if they call me by tommorpw afternoon, I told my wife, were heading to VEGAS to celebrate!
    (but the actual hiring process usually takes a week, cuz they have to go through like four different phases, including board of ed meeting agenda approval)

2. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome update!

3. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck... im a a real prick when it comes to interviewing people... I probably interview on average 10 people a month...granted i am a hiring manager at a fortune 400 company.... not its not #400 LOL....

If its a junior person, i want attitude ant aptitude ya know... seems like you have that Tim.. (not calling you junior at all but you get the point)

Good luck bud

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you are in! Congrats!!

5. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I definitely got the message across that I want this job in order to expand my knowledge and grow WITH the company.
    Also, like I said in my prior post, I did some homework and found out all the software they use...and today the Systems Analyst (same job as I'm interviewing for) said "We're really impressed with your go-getter attitude on doing your homework on what software we use."
    So..I've got my fingers crossed...at least I know I've got a 50/50 shot! (Only ONE other candidate, and I was actually chosen FIRST because I had my choice of 10am or 2pm interview slots; the other guy got what I didn't take)

6. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks..I really hope so.
    Was funny, because the job-alike guy asked "So why do you want to leave your current position to work here?"
    and I'm like...Uhhh....*clear throat* and then he looked at my paperwork and was like "Ohhhhh....yeah..sorry, I see you're NOT working."
    LoL, so I was like "Yeah, and unfortunately congress can't come to an agreement and unemployment benefits are GONE."

7. sam

sam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Luck and we will be thinking good thoughts.

8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's GREAT news!!! More of those positive vibes coming your way from the High Sierras... can't send snow... we don't have much, so vibes are all I can send!

9. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol,.right? We were just up sun-mon (to collect a couple hundred freeplay) and there was a good amount up there finally! We freaking need the water!

10. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck, hope ya get it!

11. salemorevegaslover

salemorevegaslover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'M NEW HERE BUT I've REALLY ENJOYED YOUR TRIP POSTS. GOOD LUCK, TIM.
    I'M SURE MANY OF US HAVE, AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER, BEEN WHERE YOU ARE. I'M RETIRED NOW BUT THE ROAD TO RETIREMENT WAS NEVERAN EASY ONE. I DON'T KNOW YOU BUT I'LL SAY A PRAYER FOR YOU AND HOPE YOUR GOOD NEWS ARRIVES REAL SOON. BESIDES.........I ENJOY YOUR TRIP REPORT AND LOOK FORWARD TO MORE OF THEM. OF COURSE A JOB WOULD CERTAINLY MAKE THAT SOOOOOOOO MUCH EASIER.

12. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best of luck Tim

Hope it comes thru for you,

13. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    whats taking so long?

sort it out Tim!!!

and good luck!

Thread Status: