1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Don't take anything for granted!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by klawrey, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't been around the board for a while because I was diagnosed with a form of non-Hodgkins Lymphoma back in November. I'll spare the medical details and keep it short and sweet that my most recent CT Scan has shown the mass has shrunk from 19 cm to 4.9 cm! If all keeps going according to plan, my treatment will be done the end of March and I'll be back to life!

With that said, I am 26 years old and in the middle of the biggest fight of my life. Thankfully, I've never had a doubt that it was a fight I was going to win! But it all started with a trip to the ER for shoulder pain and ended with a cancer diagnosis so do me a favor and live every day like it's your last and be thankful for your health but never take it for granted because you never know when your number is coming up!

On the bright side I'm planning to return to Vegas is June and September to celebrate my health and 27th birthday respectively! No better reason to visit the city we all love than to celebrate being alive! God bless you all!

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow best wishes! Nice post.

3. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow..yeah...26..damn man.
    Kick it's ass, Seabass!
    That is DEFINITELY a good reason to go to Vegas!
    Here's to spending a healthy 27th birthday in Vegas! :beer:

4. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I never thought shoulder pain at 26 would mean cancer. I'm an athlete, I worked out regularly and still played sports so I assumed I hurt something but thankfully I had the idea to go to the ER finally because it very well could have saved my life.

Now that I'm pushing through and making progress all I can think of is how bittersweet this victory will be when all said and done! Everyone loves a comeback story and I'm working on writing mine!

PS-Tim congrats on the interview, follow my lead and keep kickin ass!

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best wishes!!! Thanks for the reminder... life is fragile.

6. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep fighting, buddy. The attitude you have really helps. Best wishes with everything!

7. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the wishes!

Can't have any other attitude! I was asked by another patient how I had such a positive attitude and my only reply was "I want to live". The will to live will over power many things!

8. oldcrabtom

oldcrabtom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :beer: Good luck ..............

9. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm glad you're doing well. Keep slugging away.

10. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep fighting to WIN!! It's a really tough road you are travelling but you will come out on the other side stronger & healthier than ever. Good luck and enjoy your trips!!

11. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wishing you good fortune on the biggest fight of your life. The spouse and I ALWAYS say that you better enjoy life the first time around because you don't get a second chance. We don't want to get old and regret the things we 'could have' done.
    AND, instead of saving all our money, we spend and enjoy...you can't take it with you when you die, so dangit we will. We live a pretty low-key and simple life. Plus, we didn't work hard all our lives to leave it all to the kids!! OK, we will leave them a little something, which is more than what we we will get, but I expect them to work hard for their money like we had to!!!

Good luck and enjoy that next trip to Vegas.

12. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best wishes to you Klawrey!!! I recall just a few months ago you shared your NCAA Football selections in the fall. Enjoy your upcoming trips and Good luck this fall with your picks

13. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So true! I love your attitude and absolutely believe you will be victorious (putting you on my prayer list for extra oomph!).

14. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great attitude. Keep on living each day to the fullest. Vegas and good health aren't too far away.

Thanks for the reminder to the rest of us to enjoy what we have while we can.

15. sam

sam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a courageous young man you are. Having a great attitude is half the battle. Thank you for the reminder not to take life for granted. My prayers are with you and I wish the best for you. Visit Vegas and really enjoy.

16. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My best wishes also

Stories like yours bring me back to reality ,how truly lucky we've been to be pushing 70 and not have to deal with any health issue of this seriousness.
    Hopefully you can put this behind you and keep enjoying life.

17. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The girl who starts the singing in this video is Maggie. 12 years old. Sadly she passed away 2 weeks ago. She's our friends daughter.

Not everyone who faces this evil sickness makes it.

Make it a good fight and kick Cancer in the ass.

[youtube]lnG3MKos87A[/youtube]

glad you had it checked out and know what you are facing. I wish you the very best and you have nothing but positive thoughts from me.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
  18. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Blessings to you on this journey. You have an excellent attitude and a great reminder to us all.

19. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sad to hear when this disease takes any life especially one with so much to live! It gives me that much more fuel to my fire to put this disease in its place and let it know it picked the wrong person to mess with!

20. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you again to the thoughts and prayers that have been coming in on this post and my inbox. This battle will be bigger than any win vegas can produce but I'm still hoping this could lead to some good karma in Vegas but either way being alive and healthy is always a big enough win!

LV2GAMBLE, I agree life is too short even if you you make it to 100. I like to spend my money and have a good time so when that fateful day comes I know I had one hell of a time and made some memories while I was a around. It probably comes from losing my mom to this disease when she was 42 and I was 14, gave me prospective then and more so now that I'm in those same shoes. It's also the strongest fuel to the fire because it took the women I loved the most and I know she is watching over me and I refuse to let it beat me because I have too much life left to live and experience.

Thankfully, modern medicine is going a long way in letting me enjoy many more years! I can't wait to report back in the spring that I've finished chemotherapy and all my scans came back negative! Until then I'll keep fighting on like I was born to do!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.