1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Upgrade fee's to suites at Flamingo, Mirage and Bellagio

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by owenmc60, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. owenmc60

owenmc60 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm off to Vegas in Aug and have basic rooms booked at Flamingo and Mirage as well as a Salone Fountain View Suite at Bellagio. I have recently come into some inheritance and I would like to upgrade my rooms across all 3 hotels so... my question is this:

I would like to upgrade the Flamingo booking from the basic (FAB Deluxe) to a Neapolitan Suite for 5nights, I can see the price difference is about $1330.

I would like to upgrade the Mirage booking from the basic (Resort King) to a Penthouse Suite (1bedroom) for 3nights, I can see the price difference is around $750

Finally I would like to upgrade the Bellagio booking from the Salone Fountain View Suite to a Penthouse Premier Fountain View Suite for 1night, the difference is around $350.

Now I emailed the various hotels and the general response is I can request the upgrade when I check-in. Can someone who has done this before talk me through the process? What's the likelihood of these suites being available for an upgrade on the day, during midweek, start of Aug? If they are available do you just pay the difference, do the prices above look right?

Also what's people's thoughts on the above suites? I know there's alot of questions in there so thanks alot in advance to anyone who helps me out!! :beer:

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never done that, but I have a different solution. Cancel all the reservations and then call back the next day and book the upgraded rooms you want.

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Remember, there are only so many of each of those suite types to give out. I would suggest going ahead and booking the suites that you want so you don't have to worry about whether you will get the upgrade or not. Though room types aren't ever guaranteed when you book them.

That being said, here's a few answers to your questions:

Can someone who has done this before talk me through the process?
    Just hand over your ID and credit card and ask them how much it would be to upgrade to a (name here) suite. If that suite is available for your entire visit, they will quote you a price.

What's the likelihood of these suites being available for an upgrade on the day, during midweek, start of Aug?
    Flamingo? I would say Pretty good.
    Mirage? I've seen them dissappear from their booking page months out before. 20% chance maybe?
    Bellagio? Same or less likely at Bellagio.

If they are available do you just pay the difference
    Most times you do, but sometimes (especially lower end suites) they may offer the room at a deep discount.

4. owenmc60

owenmc60 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers for the advice guys! I'll prob look at cancelling and rebooking, only issue is the inheritance clears about 2 months before we leave. hope thats enough time for the suites! :thumbsup:

5. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were offered an upgrade at Mirage from a regular room to a tower suite for $100 extra, on a Monday night. We already had the tower suite for the two previous nights, so we went ahead and took it. Flamingo, hopefully someone could give you an opinion if it is even worth upgrading to a suite.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Credit cards solve that problem. You will not pay until you get there. Actually, you will not pay until you check out. And, you then do not have the credit card for a week or two.

If you want to suite, book it up front. I a pretty sure the reservation people and front desk hear upgrade requests all day long and may not even hear it anymore. Everybody wants an upgrade!

Book it now.

7. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct. I think using the term "upgrade" confuses people in the hotel world since they are so used to people asking for free/deeply discounted upgrades. What you want to do is not an upgrade, you want to reserve a premium suite in advance. You are willing to pay for it, and for that reason you should just book your desired room type and not worry about a negotiation at check in.

Don't email the hotel and ask to "upgrade." Go on the website or call the hotel and reserve the room category you want at the price offered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.