1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Swim-Up Blackjack

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by acwong5, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acwong5

acwong5 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello everyone!

My first EVER trip is coming up in 3 weeks. Wondering if anyone knew if pools would be open that had swim-up blackjack? Honestly not too worried about the rules, just want to play a little bit and enjoy the experience. One pool we want to go to for sure, if it is open, is the Golden Nugget. Want to try out that water slide!

2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Trop has it. Kind of a unique experience. Hard Rock has it too.

ETA, Caesars

I'm not sure any of them will have it in 3 weeks though.

3. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Golden Nugget has two pool SIDE BJ tables.

4. acwong5

acwong5 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah that's what I was worried about haha. Thanks for the info though!!

5. James123

James123 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd never heard of this, but it's genius!! I will most certainly be getting involved.

Either way from the research you've just inspired me to do, I have noticed there is a difference between "poolside blackjack" (almost every hotel has this, some even have craps), which means it's outdoors and in the vicinity of the pool and "swim-up" which means you're actually submerged in water.

I'm out in April so let me know how it goes!

6. Wolfman619

Wolfman619 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hard rock *might* offer it too....I seemed to remember some unmanned swim up BJ tables last time i was there. maybe not, perhaps that was a boozy illusion. . .

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been a few years but it was a blast at the Trop. They have a money dryer on the table for those that had cash in their shorts/trunks. It's a novelty, a fun thing to do once anyway.

8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The tables by what they call the Nirvana pool at Hard Rock over by the HRH Tower seem to only be staffed when it's super busy, but the tables by the Palapa (see link) seem to be open far more often. It's just a lot busier over there with more of a party crowd.

http://www.hardrockhotel.com/party/palapa

Though it's all connected, the Nirvana Pool is more of an area to relax, read, etc.

9. acwong5

acwong5 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you guys think any of these are going to be open for my trip? Dates are March 8th to 12th.

10. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure what the policy is. Some pools are certainly open at that time. However if it is 50 degrees out, would you use it?

I would guess no, but always a chance. I just can't imagine them putting a dealer out there if it is 50-60. If the pool has a lot of people and it is 75, I could easily see them opening up the table though.

11. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While the pools may be open they generally don't staff and open the BJ tables until later in the season when the pools get crowded.

12. Taking

Taking Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've played at the tables at Ceasar's before. Awful blackjack rules although I can't remember what they are. I know when you could double was restricted and 6:5 BJ.

But at least getting free drinks was a bonus.

13. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No way these will be open in March. Pools are still relatively dead in March because it's still chilly at times ("chilly," by Vegas standards that is).

14. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This. There are at least a half dozen resorts with swim up blackjack, but none are open outside of peak summer months. Many/most resorts will have some subset of their pool areas open in the cooler months.

15. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So because places in Vegas that offer gaming have to let the general public in (my understanding) does the swim up BJ then allow access to the pool for someone who isn't staying at the hotel?

16. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep... no way you'll see the tables opened in just a few weeks. Hard Rock has a "program" for non-hotel guests to access the pools. Not sure how it works, but due to their proximity to UNLV (IMHO) they do allow it there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.