1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Gold Lounge for Friday night?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by MatthewJames, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MatthewJames

MatthewJames Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm probably going to be using a myvegas reward to get bottle service at Gold on Friday night in Vegas. Just found out this will be the Friday before the Pacquiao Bradley fight.

I've chose this place because the age range of a few buddies will vary and some of them don't like EDM. That being said! I do still want a busy atmosphere where we can mingle and have fun.

Reviews on this place are so inconsistent. Some people say it's a drunken mess of fun, others say it's very tame with a low population and no tolerance for the intoxicated. Well, those are totally opposite statements. So can anyone who has been to Gold in the past few months on a weekend, let me know what to expect? 3-4 guys ranging from 30-40 with a table.

2. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    personally im not a fan of Gold, but some people love the place. if your looking for a fun place to get stupid for a group of guys DB's at PH, rockbar or even the view at palms, even Oshea's

3. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But if he wants to use My Vegas, those are not options.

Why don't you like Gold?

4. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have taken several big groups there, and was not fond of how they were treated. i have not been back, but now one of my long time friends is DJ ing up there, so i will go check it out.

one thing i have learned is that when a place first gets going they are hiring people to fill spots, and after time they weed out less effective people and bring in new people. I will go up and see this week.

5. MatthewJames

MatthewJames Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's more a night to appease the mixed company I'll be with. I'm not expecting anything out of this world, more so just wondering if it'll be busy enough to make our own fun.

6. MatthewJames

MatthewJames Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys - just checking back in. Hoping someone has been here on a weekend night at some point this year so I can get their take on it. I've already redeemed the reward, so it's set. Just trying to find out if it's going to be dead and if I should be making plans post 12am.

7. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not dead, but almost all of the club crawls go there, so most are done by 11, then the normal crowd rolls in

8. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at Gold club 3 months ago. I walked by a couple of times with my wife and they practically begged me to come in, letting us both in for free. This was around midnight on a Saturday night. Place had people, but wasn't packed. There were definitely seats, but it wasn't dead. (Conversely, Haze had a hella long line) I think you can minlge, but it wasn't a target rich environment. :wink2: It's was just busy enough for you to make your evening what you want. I was able to dance freely, stupidly and drunkly without fear of hitting folks, but wasn't just by myself, although people seemed a little skittish about dancing. I think you'll have a nice time. Act like you own the place. Since it's not sardine packed, you stand out more for mingling.

9. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked it there when I went. We even met another couple to mingle with.

Also to the thread starter, despite what you may hear from folks on here, all clubs don't play just EDM. Many clubs mix it up and even favor hip-hop/top 40 R&B and throw in EDM a tad.

I'd use this forum as a guide and not scripture. I have been given not-so-accurate advice when it comes to the nightclub scene.

10. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The OP wants to use MyVegas - actually so do I...but that doesn't leave a lot of options, Gold or Duece.

Me, probably like the OP, is interested in trying bottle service - but would never pay for it, but can get it through MyVegas.

And so the question is, Would someone have a good time at Gold on a Friday night, or is it completely empty and a waste of points?

11. MatthewJames

MatthewJames Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not going to be dead. It's not going to be as packed as a major club by any stretch, but that is the Friday before the Pacquiao fight. Deuce is basically not a good option if you're looking for even the light-club experience.

There will likely be many open tables, so the exclusive VIP feel probably isn't going to be very strong at Gold, but oh well.

12. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the busiest night at Gold?

13. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got about 1m points on MyVegas, so was going to buy one of these rewards for this summer.

I'm not even that worried about it being a busy club night, and was just thinking about a few drinks after dinner @ Sage before heading back downtown.

I'm guessing the Deuce would be more suitable for that though?

14. MatthewJames

MatthewJames Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Marky - Consider Deuce the option if you're looking for a high-rollers lounge - to my understanding that's what it is. So you'll still have bottle service, but I would consider it more of a pit-stop type of destination that people won't be hanging around at for more than an hour.

DonnyC - I would say Friday is likely the busiest night for Gold.

15. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How would Thursday night be?...looks like the flight is a Saturday morning one.

16. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Matthew, that was kind of what I was thinking it would be.

I had the points last year, but just never got around to using them, and by next year 1m will probably get me a buffet at Circus Circus :evillaugh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.