1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Possible stupid Bally's question...

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by tuck78, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuck78

tuck78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This might have been answered in a previous post but I couldn't find it. This might also be a stupid question but the Bally's website doesn't help too much on it. Plus, I value the opinions of the lovely people of this site. :nworthy:

Here we go..I have a bunch of comped nights available at some of the CET properties (Bally's, Flamingo, Harrah's, The Quad). For whatever reason I'm leaning towards Bally's. My choice of rooms are:

Indigo Tower Deluxe 1 King
    Indigo Tower Classic 1 King

What is the differences between the Deluxe and Classic? Which tower should I request?

Also, I"m open to the other properties if anyone has other suggestions.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

2. zoey11

zoey11 Mid roller and Vegas fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ballys

The classic are the old dumpy rooms, the deluxe are the fairly newly renovated rooms in the north tower.
    They are nicer, usually not much of a view, but nice room.
    With a polite asking you can usually get upgraded upon check in for a jubilee room, and a small tip if they get it for you. They are the newest rooms and have good views of either the strip or Paris.
    If you are going soon, you may want to ask for a quiet area, since they are doing construction on the front of Ballys.
    But if you just want a clean, decent room, the north tower is pretty nice.

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bally's is great! Do try for an upgrade to the new Jubilee Tower (north)....newest rooms...nice. Good luck!!!

4. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I concur, Bally's Deluxe room. I'm comped in May with the Deluxe room and it's up to you if you want to do the sandwich for Jubilee. But the Deluxe room was great when i stayed there last Nov. and i expect the same in the Spring.
    I find Bally's the perfect location on mid-Strip. There is some construction going on with Bally's bazaar outside, but not an inconvenience.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a stupid question at all. I see people say that on message boards from time to time. Really would be okay to just ask the question.

The STUPID things we see on message boards like this:

* one word subject lines
    * posters name for subject line
    * Hotel Question
    * Vegas Question
    * Wondering?
    * Help Please
    * HELP ASAP

You get the idea

Or, the other thing that drives regulars nuts (some of them)... asking a question that someone else asked the same day. Meaning they could just read that one, or add to it.

Okay, I think others answered the room question well, get a good room at Ballys and enjoy!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This board has tons of valuable insight and opinions, this certainly wasn't a dumb question at all. You may also want to look for some videos on Youtube. Virtually every hotel has customer video and you can get a great mini tour of most rooms. Just look for recent ones.

7. tuck78

tuck78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the insight. I think I'm going mid April. Comp one night at Mandalay Bay via MYVegas, then two nights at Bally's comped via TotalRewards. I'll go for the Deluxe room. Its a solo trip so I don't really need anything too fancy. :thumbsup:

8. socalvegasfan

socalvegasfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also like Bally's. I know people who usually stay at other CET places, but I prefer Bally's. Cheers!

9. alicia

alicia Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Tuck, we're staying at Bally's mid-April as well. Pm me, maybe if we're there the same time, we can meet up for a drink at the vp bar. :beer:

10. dcavisitor

dcavisitor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wait, this isn't true though, is it? Classic and Deluxe likely just refer to view. Also, South Tower is now the 'nice' tower I think - it's been remodeled and rebranded as Jubilee. North is now Indigo, but no room changes. Used to be that, yes, North was way better than South. That's changed. That said, I think the old North rooms may be a bit bigger. But, no, the North rooms are no longer the newer ones. Now the south tower, the Jubilee tower, is preferential and, frankly, more expensive. All that said, Bally's is very mid-market and I suspect the construction in front is annoying.

11. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The new Jubilee rooms are in the south tower, not the north.

12. tuck78

tuck78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again for the info. I booked one night free at Mandalay Bay via MyVegas and two nights comped at Bally's (Indigo Tower Deluxe 1 King).

Entire weekend should cost me about $68.00 (resort fees :grrr:). Not too shabby!

:thumbsup:

13. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually use the guideline that the more expensive room is the nicer one. Renovation, decor, and view.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.