1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Ever encounter sold out rooms for available dates?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Snowbelle3, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am curious about this because I may come during a fight weekend and I am curious if available dates during peak periods get sold out. Have you encountered this before?

I did not want to book myVegas yet because I am waiting for my downtown comps. But if those comps don't come in, I will need myVegas. Hope it won't be sold out by then.

2. geronco

geronco Newbie

Hi, my wife and I went to Vegas during a big car show event they had in town, and we couldn't find rooms anywhere, and the ones we found were double the price. What we did, was stay in a hotel (Marriott) in Henderson, which is like 10 minutes from the strip just outside Vegas. That might be your best bet. Good luck!

3. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! Better than nothing I guess. How much did you pay?

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yea, last year I couldn't get in Mirage at all, we tried like 7 sets of dates. Ended up having to cancel that reward and book Luxor. I wouldn't personally plan a trip around the room comps. Or make sure you can book them before you plan anything else.

Yea, or it seems like South Point is always a reliable low cost option if it's a really expensive big event weekend.

5. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They only have a limited number of rooms that they will give away via MyVegas rewards. Once gone, they don't open up more. So they will absolutely run out on certain dates.

My suggestion would be to book something now that is refundable. So in the worst case situation that your downtown comps never show or MyVegas is sold out, you aren't pushed into paying 2-3X normal rates.

6. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fight weekend? is that the make up fight in april or is there another one after that booked? J/w because we will be there the weekend in april but your countdown clock says 84 days and you have so many trips i not sure if you were planning an extra one before that one.

7. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They don't update the calendar when dates are no longer valid. With MyVegas, it's best to book the room as soon as possible.

8. xan51090

xan51090 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You also can't cancel MyVegas rooms once they're booked. They won't refund your LP's.

9. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MV rooms are almost never available during big concert or fight weekends. Also during holidays, the MV dates are normally black-out.

10. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had no problems getting super bowl sunday at the MGM Grand it was even there as a bonus weekday comp

11. VPDana

VPDana High-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    This only happened to us once. We had to change our air reservations so we could get a room. I know this won't be a popular comment, but that is why I usually frown when I read about people double (or more) booking rooms to take advantage of free play offers. Perhaps "my" room was a double booked room and not really being used.

12. geronco

geronco Newbie

We paid $175 a night for most nights and $225 for Friday and Saturday. The hotel is really nice as well

13. Bushman1

Bushman1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dumb question: I've seen that some people could reserve rooms outside of the 90 day window, but the rewards page says it must be USED within 90 days of purchase.

We already have our dates for July, and would love to book if possible.

Thanks!

Bushman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.