1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Budget Car Rental

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Robag, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robag

Robag Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey there,

I have a car booked through airmiles with budget for March 8 - 13. We have an intermediate car reserved. Just wondering what type of cars Budget usually carries. I'm not too picky, but I would rather have a newer car than an older one. Last March in Orlando, I had a car reserved through Hertz, and was given an Altima with 35,000 miles on it. Car was fine, just looked a little beat up. I'd rather have a vehicle that looks nice and clean, than one that has lots of nicks and paint flaking.

Thanks!

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I rented from las vegas budget last year using the costco discount. I liked budget because they had a variety of cars for each car size. I went through the different cars for my particular car size, checking out things like dents and dings, trunk size, radio and a/c (once the radio wasn't working on a car, another time the a/c wasn't working properly...in the summer! - but this was at another rental agency, not budget), turning on the car to make sure everything was working, checking the mileage, etc.

Most of the cars had low mileage, the only ones with higher mileage were the ones with out of state plates but then I had out of state cars with barely any mileage on them so YMMV, best to check out the car first before driving off.

I think you will have a selection of cars (unless you are there during busy times), not sure exactly what kind of cars are available in the intermediate size though, nowadays the ratings for each car size is so different than a few years ago.

Budget had different aisles for the different car sizes, usually the attendant just said to choose your car from a particular aisle containing your car size.

3. Scot

Scot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The "economy" car I had in Vegas last week through Budget turned out to be a Hyundai Elantra with 12,000 miles on it.

4. admmr

admmr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know it's not Vegas, but as an example of the Budget brand, my intermediate last week at ORD was a Chevy Cruze with 31k miles on it. $210 for two days one way to GRR. :cry:

5. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone have any insight on Budget Car Rental?
    We never rent cars in Vegas so I don't even know where to go!
    Should I get the Ins?

Also, Is driving in Vegas as hectic as I think its going to be?
    Should I get a GPS or use the one on my phone?

6. IvanBeausky

IvanBeausky Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a GPS you would probably do well to bring it. Looking at your phone might be a bit dangerous with the eleventy billion other tourists out on the roads.

Also, wouldn't hurt to look at a map and get a decent idea of options for getting around. Stay off LV Blvd as much as possible. Koval/Paradise are normally way better options! Be safe, and don't drink and drive (i'm sure you wouldn't anyway, but a cab is way better than risking a trip to the LV slammer!)

Cheers!

7. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did a little digging online and found a coupon code for Budget that brought my total for 4 days 16 hrs to $96.10

I love that price and since Ill be going from M to GVR two days in a row, that paid for it. ($25-$30 cab ride each way)

Now, I used my Discover which has the rental coverage, so I wont need the Ins.

Also, I booked Economy, I think is said Ford Fiesta, which makes me giggle, but are those the ONLY cars they offer for Economy?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.