1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Brazilian grills in Vegas -> do you get bang for your buck?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Lady Fortuna, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Copied this from another thread (Misc. Vegas Chat -> Vegas disinterests: What does the town have in spades that doesn't remotely move you)

I ones went to one of those Brazilian grills in Barcelona and was so disappointed. They first came around (round after round) with the cheap stuff and only at the end (when everyone was stuffed already) they came with the filet mignon and you only got a little piece of that. I love filet mignon and felt really cheated!

What is your experience with the Brazilian grills in Las Vegas, do you get bang for your buck? And which one is your favorite?

Thank you!

:beer:

2. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol thought the title said Brazilian girls...

3. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just have to say i thought the title said Brazilian girls and i was like wtf?? lol. I just saw it at glance and had to look twice.

4. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    try Texas de Brazil you will love it.

5. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yup Texas de Brazil is in a diff level than Pampas.

TdB is on the top of meat places in Vegas IMO. great place.

6. volfaninbama

volfaninbama High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well worth it if you are a true carnivore

Texas de Brazil is the best expensive but well worth it and you get get all the Filet or any other meat you want.

7. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL made me look too! Especially when I thought I noticed more nice looking Latin types last trip :wink2:. Anyway, that aside we did eat at pampas a couple years ago and although it was good, I don't think it was worth it.

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too bad Yolie's is not around anymore. That was a major pig-out. Definitely not for vegans. :) :)

9. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Weird Texas De Brazil is 3rd best in the DC area.

Chima is #1 then Fogo De Chao.

10. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How is Samba at Mirage? Thinking about going there before a Beatles Love show.

11. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha, I thought it said Brazilian girls too. I got excited for a second.

12. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Count me in as a "temporarily excited" person :)

We did Pampas on the Groupon in October. I'd say it was worth it with the Groupon, not worth it without. Our Groupon was for lunch, we were there mid afternoon on a weekday, not very crowded, the salad bar part of it was so-so, the meats were hit and miss. Ours included seafood, all they did was bring out a plate with some shrimp.

13. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't been to one in Vegas, but the Mrs. and I go to one here in KC every couple months. I think I get great value because, well, I can eat meat. :evillaugh

But in all seriousness, we love those places. We don't fill up on the sides or the salad bar (other than some green veggies). We save room for the meat. :evillaugh

14. jackincols

jackincols Guest

I've done the Samba at Mirage twice and found it good. The reason I don't say very good is I'm not a fan of plantains and one time the chicken was somewhat dry.

15. Robag

Robag Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went to Samba after the Love show in April 2012. It was definitely good, and filling, but expensive as well. There were 6 of us, and the men got more for their money's worth than the women. Now, I only have one place to compare this with, and it was the Samba at Universal City Walk in California which I did in April of 2010. I thought the Samba in Cal was better than the one in the Mirage, only for the reason they randomly brought the meat to your table, whereas the one in the Mirage brought it in a designated order, and if you wanted a certain meat, you had to wait until they came by with that meat again. For the most part, we were done by the time they went around with the meat order once. Again really good food, but it is not on our radar this next trip to Vegas

16. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Texas De Brazil in Vegas was fantastic. Mouth watering meat in my face and mouth:)nono:).

The best part is that I went for lunch and it was much cheaper and exactly the same as dinner. Lunch is $30, dinner $49.

After two hours, I had to go to the bathroom, loosen the button on my shorts, take a few deep breathes, walk around, do some lunges, wash my face, and I was back at it for another hour.

17. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This will be my first try at a Brazillian feast. Samba seemed perfect for a pre-show dinner since my meat and potatoes husband should be happy with the fare. It is more the variety than the quantity that lures me. The other options would be the Buffet, Cravings or Heritage Steak....both options for the beefeater.

18. DjZZeRo

DjZZeRo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they go for $1,000 an hour. Opps, my bad I read it wrong.

19. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have ate at 4 or 5 of these Brazilian steakhouses. Samba at Mirage was by far the worst. In fact, Samba may be the worst meal I have ever had in Vegas, which says a lot.

I absolutely love the Mirage, but I cannot recommend Samba. All the meat tasted the same. It was not seasoned well, nor was it cooked well.

If you have never been to a Brazilian steakhouse, you will probably like it, because it's a neat concept. However, if you have something to compare it to, you will be disappointed. Just my 2 cents.

20. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have visited Fogo De Chao many times and absolutely love it. On our next trip to Vegas, we will be trying Texas De Brazil since I have many great things. Fogo does a great job of asking what cuts you would prefer and they keep sending those cuts your way.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.