1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sears at Boulevard mall

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by TOUR, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOUR

TOUR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anybody been to Sears at Boulevard mall lately? I have heard that the mall has hardly any shops open and wandered if Sears was still open. I have looked on the net, but you never know if the information is up to date Thanks for any information Tour

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I visted the boulevard about 3 weeks ago and sears was still open (same as Penney's).

Yes, the boulevard is really sparse. Some eateries closed in the food court too. Macy's is still open too.

I honestly wonder how long it will be before they close the place down, many of the stores there are already at other shopping centers in vegas (meadows mall, galleria, fashion show mall) so not sure the need for the boulevard nowadays. They really need to do something (renovations? strip malls along the street?) to the place to bring in the crowd again.

The place really died down after they lost one of their main tenants (was it marshals? I forget) many years ago. That whole side of the mall is dead now. They had a store just like the "as seen on tv" that sold those type of items and other cheap items but even that store closed a year or two ago.

I still check out the boulevard at least once a year, hoping for some clearance specials but it usually takes me less than an hour to go through the mall since there isn't much that I want from there. Too bad.

3. TOUR

TOUR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Maki we like to look around Sears for t/shirts & tops, but wonder if its worth taking the bus from downtown just for one shop. Do you know if Sears has any other clothes shops in Vegas ? thanks again

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it was Dillard's that cleared out and started the exodus. The surrounding neighborhood is very "low rent", so they're not buying much and there's just no reason to drive there.

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately not many. There is a Sears at Meadows Mall and a google search turns one up in Summerlin but the only other one is at the Boulevard so guess you will be stopping there. Not sure how the bus service is to Meadows Mall but I would recommend going there (more stores) if you can find a bus that will take you there. Google search turns up bus 208, 207 and 206 going from the Cal to Meadows mall so guess you can check out the route and schedules.

Thanks smartone, I remember a Marshall's or something in the area but it might have been in the next building. Now that I think about I do remember Dillards there. Too bad as the Boulevard was a good central location near the strip.

6. Pancakes

Pancakes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On our first trip to Vegas we walked to the Boulevard mall from the strip :eek:

It didn't look that far on the map. Rookie mistake! :eek:

7. TOUR

TOUR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anybody got any idea how long it would take on the bus from Fremont to Meadows mall ? And what the fare would be - thanks Tour

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sorry, not sure about the bus prices but google search says that it will take about 30 - 45 minutes to get there from downtown.

Google maps has a good section where you can find directions from one location to another. It also has boxes where you can click to find out how long it will take by driving, by bus, walking and even by bicycle(!). You can even ask for a specific date and time (esp since the buses don't run the same on weekends). For instance, you have these options taking the bus:

Suggested routes
    27 mins 207
    10:05am - 10:32am
    31 mins 208 104
    10:34am - 11:05am
    27 mins 207
    11:03am - 11:30am
    48 mins 206
    10:17am - 11:05am

and if you ask for a specific route it will give you directions on how to get there....such as for route 207:

Transit directions to Meadows Mall
    Sam Boyd's California Hotel
    12 E Ogden Ave
    Las Vegas, NV 89101

Walk to Main @ Ogden (S)
    About 1 min (243 ft)
    Beta: Use caution – This route may be missing sidewalks or pedestrian paths. 1. Head northwest on E Ogden Ave toward N Main St
    82 ft
    2. Turn left onto N Main StDestination will be on the right
    161 ft

Walk to Main @ Ogden (S)
    About 1 min

Main @ Ogden (S) Stop ID: 1699
    207Bus towards 207 Stewart / Alta Westbound
    10:07am - 10:31am (24 mins, 15 stops)
    Service run by Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada Route Information - rtcsnv.comPenultimate stop: Valley View @ Alta (N)

Bus - 207 - Alta/Stewart - Direction: 207 Stewart / Alta Westbound
    Service run by Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada
    10:07am Depart Main @ Ogden (S) (Stop ID: 1699)
    10:31am Arrive Meadows @ Valley View (W) (Stop ID: 5866)
    Route Information - rtcsnv.com

Meadows @ Valley View (W) Stop ID: 5866
    Walk to Meadows Mall
    About 2 mins (407 ft)
    Beta: Use caution – This route may be missing sidewalks or pedestrian paths. 1. Head west on Meadows LnDestination will be on the right
    407 ft

Walk to Meadows Mall
    About 2 mins

Meadows Mall
    4300 Meadows Ln
    Las Vegas, Nevada 89107

Travel time: about 27 mins

I found features like these to be very helpful, many city transportation web sites also have this option to get from one place to another. It was great for me when I visited London and Paris, so easy to get from one place to another (traffic was another thing though, lol).

9. TOUR

TOUR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow Maki that was great information, thanks very much. Guess after all the trouble you went to we had better go to the Meadows thanks again Tour

10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nah, don't worry if you go or not. Didn't take long to google the info, you should have seen me when I had to plan my european vacation, trying many multiple options in London and Paris, figuring how I'm going to get around with my suitcase and rollaway carryon. It wasn't easy getting on the tube with suitcases, lol. Plus it was a pain carrying them up and down the stairs to get to the different platforms, the system in both cities really doesn't help out the handicapped that much.

But if you were thinking of visiting Sears, I would recommend Meadows mall over the boulevard since they have more stores open there. Nicer mall too.

Get back to us after you get back and report on your findings!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.