1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Stinkers!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by VegasGroove, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just read an article about the Michael J Fox sitcom being canceled. I personally have not seen it. But I had some interest to see it, never got around to it. Also, the Robin Williams sitcom, had an interest, just never saw it. I think I was more drawn to the names like Michael J Fox and Robin Williams moreso than seeing them in a sitcom. I gotta tell you, I feel the sitcom to end all sitcoms bid farewell in 1998.

My question is with the new season's offerings of sitcoms OR it may be an existing sitcom, which ones have you watched and vow never to watch again - giving it a Stinker Award?

2. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two and a Half Men without Charlie Sheen. That show has gone down hill in a big way.

I'm also starting to think the big bang theory has turned the corner towards bad too.

3. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New sitcom: Dads. Great actors, horrible material.
    Currently running sitcom: 2 Broke Girls. Crass, formulaic, painfully unfunny.
    All-time: Small Wonder. Though you could name just about any 80's first-run syndicated sitcom.

4. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How I Met Your Mother is just plain awful. Nothing in it is funny. Except for Neal Patrick Harris pretending to be straight.

Mike & Molly - Two fat slobs in love. Does anybody really believe that lard ass Mike could be a Chicago cop?

There are too many awful ones to think of them all.

On the plus side is The Big Bang Theory. Good characters. Well written. Well acted.

5. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't believe they cancelled the Robin Williams show, that one was genuinely good with strong writing and a strong cast as well, much like Big Bang Theory set in an ad office. The Fox one I saw a few episodes of on DVR but never really got into it. Stinker award though goes to American Family IMO what started as a really entertaining show just keeps falling down the rabbit hole each season.

6. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't watch many sitcoms but I like

Dads
    Enlisted
    Brooklyn Nine-Nine
    Big Bang Theory
    Hot In Cleveland (love Betty White)

I don't get to watch much of them tho'.

7. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With all the new shows that have come and gone in the past couple years, I still look at the reruns from the past and not-so-distant past. These favorites just make "sense" (to me) in a comedic way.

Seinfeld (got the complete box set, but still look at reruns!)
    Frasier
    Golden Girls
    Will & Grace
    New Adventures of Old Christine
    Big Bang Theory

8. paul.hodnett

paul.hodnett Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still love the re runs of Everybody Loves Raymond:nworthy:

9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! Us too... that and King Of Queens reruns. Love Modern Family!!! Hate the one right afterwards with Rebel Wilson... watched it once and never again!

I will say though, that many shows seem to take at least a few episodes to get in the groove with... but I'm NOT groovin' with Rebel!

10. egelston2

egelston2 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To me the funniest comedy of all time is Arrested Development. I can watch it over and over again and never get tired it of it. Plus, each time I watch it you catch some of the small jokes.

11. travloh

travloh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. Arrested Development is ridiculously funny. The writing is so tight and the jokes come right after another. I judge people based on their opinion of this show. (if they have seen it) #nevernude

12. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm starting to thing the same way about that show too. Just doesn't seem as funny as it once was.

God I can't stand that show anymore. I use to love it but with every new season it just got worse and worse. Shitty thing is I've invested a lot of time into it though so I have to finish it and I'll be glad when it's all over.

On the plus side Parks & Rec is the funniest show out right now and I find myself watching is constantly.

13. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would agree with you up until this season.
    The past few shows the writers have become much more creative and funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.