1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TR: Superbowl weekend

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Tahoejoe2, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

TR: Superbowl weekend

Trip reports should tell other viewers where you found good deals and interesting events during your trip.

Arrived Thursday before the SB. Picked up car at Enterprise. Always have a good experience with Enterprise. SB weekend(Thurs. - Mon.) = $129. Also got upgrade to full size car. No reason for upgrade except for nice employee. Things starting off right.
    Stayed at Flamingo. Checked in at Diamond/Platinum room next to regular check-in counters. No wait at all. Water, chips and other snacks available(nice). We had a comp Fab room. Only asked for high floor. Got it. Room was very clean. View was directly across from Pure. They must be remodeling Pure night club. Never saw it open. No noise while sleeping.
    Lunch at Julian Serrano in Aria. 12 - 4pm. They have a $19 three course meal. Very good. Every time I go there they say they don’t have the $19 special any more(I went in Oct.). I show them the menu print out from their web site and they honor the 3 course meal. Make sure you print menu before your trip and bring it with you. What a con game. But when we get to the table they give you the menu with the 3 course meal??? Amazing they have the menus with the 3 course meal they don’t serve anymore??? Great rib eye and the cold soup is fantastic.

Pinball Hall of Fame on Tropicana. Hundreds of pinball machines. I love playing pinball.

Downtown the first night. Must always go to Freemont street every trip. Love the canopy light show and the weird people hanging around. Great live band playing some good 60/70 songs. Went to Binions and got our free picture with the million dollars. Wanted to go to the Mob Museum but it was too late.

Friday:
    Cloudy and chance of rain. Moved golf to Saturday. Played the Flamingo 10 am poker tournament($50). Only 12 people. My friend and I made it to the final 4 and convinced the other two players to chop $500 prize = $125 each.
    Went to Stratosphere for 4-7pm happy hour. 2 for 1 martinis and ½ off appetizers. If you tell them you are going to happy hour the elevator ride is free, otherwise I believe it is $15 to go up. View was fantastic. Drinks were good, appetizers not to good.
    Went up in elevator(100 stories high) with 4 guys in jump suits with cables on them. They were going to jump off observation tower. As you are sitting with your drinks, every so often you see someone jumping off observation tower. No thank you. After drinks you can go up a couple more floors to observation tower for no charge.
    Highlight of trip: Went to “Raiding the Rock Vault’ at LVH. Best show in LV if you like 60/70/80 rock. This is not a tribute band. These are the guys from the original bands of the era. John Payne from Asia, Doug Aldrich from Whitesnake, Howard Leese from Heart, Andrew Freeman from Lynch Mob, Paul Shortino from Quiet Riot. Great show. After show the band hangs out at the nearby bar and talks to all the fans. Great bunch of guys who love what they do.

Saturday:
    Breakfast at Mon Ami Gabi @ Paris. Outdoor patio with heaters to keep it nice. Best coffee in LV. Relaxing and great view of people and Bellagio. Got there before 8am and we had no wait.
    Golf in Summerlin. Nice course, beautiful day. Sunny, but a little windy.
    Diner at Canaletto in Venetian. Great food. Friend knows owner so entire meal for group of 8 was free. Great wine and Chianti. Black Cod was fabulous.
    Poker in the Venetian poker room. Very nice room. Good group of players at my table. Came away with a nice profit.

Sunday:
    VIP Superbowl party at the Flamingo. Got SB hat and tee shirt with tickets. Big room with many screens. OK buffet and free drinks. Richard Dent from Chicago Bears was in crowd. I believe he was MVP of SB he played in. Seattle was my team, so I loved the game. Also popped my prop bets. 1. Will the be a safety. Bam, first play of game. 2. Lynch will score the first TD. Winner paid 5-1. Very profitable SB.

Great time in LV with good friends. We have been doing LV SB for 15 years. Came home with a nice amount of profit this year.

Things that we love to do, but just didn’t have time this year.
    1. Milos at Cosmopolitan - $22 - 3 course meal for lunch
    2. Foundation room at Mandalay Bay. Good cigars and Jamison. Great view of strip.
    3. Joe’s Stone Crabs at Caesar Forum.

Hope you enjoyed the TR. If I can answer any questions, fire away.

:peace:

2. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report! I hadn't heard of Joe's Stone Crab in Caesars, looked it up and found they have really good reviews but is this part of a happy hour offering or just the restaurant's specialty dish?

3. sam

sam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good report, short, sweet and to the point. Thanks for the tips.

4. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stone crabs are the signature dish of the restaurant.

5. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Highlight of trip: Went to “Raiding the Rock Vault’ at LVH. Best show in LV if you like 60/70/80 rock. This is not a tribute band. These are the guys from the original bands of the era. John Payne from Asia, Doug Aldrich from Whitesnake, Howard Leese from Heart, Andrew Freeman from Lynch Mob, Paul Shortino from Quiet Riot. Great show. After show the band hangs out at the nearby bar and talks to all the fans. Great bunch of guys who love what they do.

:peace:[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. Went last May and the wife and I loved it. We had front row seats. We are wanting to go again in March.
    Mark

6. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR and thanks for all the lunch tip for Julian Serrano!

Annual Golf Trip
  7. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried to find the $19 special on their web site today. Sorry to say, I think they finally took it off.

8. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you had a great trip tahoe.

9. Kiwicol

Kiwicol Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I couldn't agree more. Went last May and the wife and I loved it. We had front row seats. We are wanting to go again in March.
    Mark[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys - this definitely has my interest and I hadnt heard of it previously !

10. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL yeah i just looked and couldnt find it.

Do you have any pinballs?? I have 7 of them.

creature from black lagoon
    scared stiff
    monster bash
    corvette
    tales of arabian nights
    fish tales
    white water

11. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great summary! Sounded like a jam packed time!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  12. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need to get one. I need the practice. The guys I was with took me to the cleaners. We played 4 player pinball machines and they took all my money. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.