1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airline Itinerary Changes Hats off to Delta

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Icedgenes, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received an email from Delta yesterday stating their schedule had changed. I didn't think much of it at first until I noticed our 8 am flight had become a 6 am and the 2 1/2 hr layover grew to 4 hours. Fortunately I contacted Delta and was able to arrange a later flight arriving at the same time but with a minimal layover of 30 minutes. (This flight option would have been 25% more had I booked it myself).
    I have to say I had excellent customer service from the Delta rep. at a time when they must be very stressed with the weather related cancellations and delays.

2. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While 4 hours is a long time to spend in the airport, in no way would I be comfortable with just a 30 minute layover! I'd rather spend the extra time in the airport to be sure that I got to Vegas when I wanted!

3. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In winter I would not accept a 30 minute connection time but late spring early summer is much safer.

4. hrt4girls

hrt4girls Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    another good customer service experience

Just this week I found out that Delta had changed our flights as well. We fly from Milwaukee and it is a relatively small market. To get to Las Vegas with them is always a connecting flight. Our original flights left at 7 am and connected through Minneapolis and got us to Las Vegas by 10:30am. I was thrilled with that and very fearful of what we would end up with after the change. Although the new flights have us leave earlier and get us there later with a stop in Atlanta, I felt the customer service rep did what she could to help us out. She was understanding and patient and quite kind.

We booked with miles and the new flights were much more expensive, but since the change to the flights was their issue, we were not charged more.

I am not thrilled that they cancelled our original flight, but I was pleased with how I was treated on the phone. I felt she was interested in keeping a customer happy and that is about all you can ask for. Thanks, Delta.

5. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because of this thread I checked the hubs flight(Delta) for the trip, I'm flying SW BBC I'm a bad flyer I need a NS flight & his was paid for by his company....anywho, the flight is already pushed back 10 mins or so but the layover is an hour longer!?! Which sucks since I'll be getting in 3hrs earlier than him now! Hotels in his name (also thru work) I'm hoping our host at the M will be able to get it ok'd for me to check into his room!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.