1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Playing myVegas efficiently

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by anonanon, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me and my best friend play myVegas daily. He's only started since August, but I've been playing since last February. Me and my friend have very different betting styles. He is more of a max bet and run out of chips in 15 minutes sort of person, whereas I believe I'm much more efficient with my betting. I'm level 189, 162,400,000 XP, and I've got 701,276 LP. I also spend about 2 - 3 hours a day playing myVegas on my second monitor at work, and some at home as well. I have not used the mobile app yet (No Blackberry 10 app support! :thumbsdown: ) but may try it out in the future to get more LP.

So, I'm basically figuring this: 701,276 (LP) / 162,400,000 (XP) = 0.0043182019704433 LP per XP.

Is this higher than the average? I play a lot I'm aware, and have never bought any chips/LP or redeemed any rewards.

Just wondering what other people are experiencing, compared to myself. :beer:

2. pbrehob

pbrehob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am similar. I have been playing since December '12.

Level 178- 149,110,00 XPs- 745,110 LPs

3. Dreamtiem

Dreamtiem Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i am a total newbie but play the same style since Dec, 25th 2013 and earned

Level 92 , 38.600.000 XP, 128.954 LP

The 2k daily limit sucks :(

0,0033401 ratio .. will get better with levels above 100 because of 1000LP/level up .. hopefully :peace:

4. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In all seriousness why haven't you redeemed anything yet? I'd be in Vegas every second month until they run out. :drunk:

5. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found slow and steady works best for me
    started exactly 1 year ago, have one trip under my belt and spent 2 night at Aria :thumbsup:
    currently at level 253, 512 gold, waiting for the right promo games, 2xp or games that reward you with game chips once you complete a quest, and so on, My ave bets are usually 1-3000 per spin, I have had good luck on 80 days and when not a good promo just hoard chips. you can collect quite a bit in a weeks time between daily spins, hotels, fan page, and hotel sites on facebook, i only have 4 friends to help out as mulipliers
    hope this helps:thumbsup:

6. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With LP spots on the daily spin, and the ability to collect LP from hotels, LP/XP efficiency goes out the window. One could just log in everyday, spin, collect and not play (and not gain xp) and have more lp than you if you had terrible luck. The most efficient use of chips is to do minimum bet, but that's the least efficient use of time. You ideally will want to bet the highest you can to sustain your play for as long as you are able to play (if you only have 5 minutes to play every day, max betting and blowing your chips is the most efficient use of chips/lp/time). While doing efficiency analysis is fun, since everyone plays for different amounts of time (and luck has a factor), there is not really a wrong way to play.

7. LA2VegasTrekkers

LA2VegasTrekkers High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only been playing for a few weeks. After initially blowing all my chips as quickly as possible, I'm now just collecting chips every day until a new promotion starts (like double XPs). I'm currently on level 62 with 12,715,222 XPs, 44,859 LPs and since beginning of last week, I've worked up from 0 to 284,723 chips to play with. I only have one friend, so all my chips come from the daily bonus and collecting the resorts all day. Currently, I'm only 76% done with Mandalay Bay and I still have to build MGM. I've thought about just minimum betting what I have to try and finish building, but I think I'll get more bang for the buck if I wait for another promotion.

8. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I dont understand where everyone gets all their chips at these days? I used to get mine off the facebook group, but I thought they cut that out. If you have been playing for less than 2 months and have over 70k lp, I am at a total loss. It took me over three months when we first started back in 2012 to get 100k lp's and that was when I could get 100k chips daily in mere minutes! What gives???

9. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no desire to play the game on a nightly basis anymore and really only did when I first started last June. I log in maybe three times a day and do my strip harvest and spin. I pick and choose my promos to play. Generally I stick to double exp on all games. I did play whichever holiday card had the 1.5 mil bonus for high level folks. Sometimes if I'm very very close to my next level I'll play if they have the double LP on level up. When I have a good amount of chips, I prefer to play Excalibur 2 at 15k a spin. If not, same game at 1.5k a spin. I did like 90 levels on one double xp weekend after the 1.5 mil bonus card bumped me to 5 mil chips. It was pretty awesome but likely not that efficient. Level 304 with about 600k LP.

10. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think a big part of this is going to be how much time you can put in to it and how much time you want to put in to it.

Betting small is great for maximizing your LP to XP to chips ratio, but not everybody is going to have time to put in a few hours a day to play - they might just have other things that take up their time like family, hobbies, interests, other games they play, etc.

Personally, I find the MyVegas games to be kind of boring so now that I have a lot of LPs (about 600K worth) I just go in to the game 2-5 times per day to pick off whatever I can from the hotels and when I get up to 300,000-500,000 worth of chips I'll play something like Reel Chef at max bet and blow through them.

I also look at the time spent as how often are you going to Las Vegas and when is your next trip: if your next trip is in May or June then you might want to totally maximize your LP earning so you can have as many of the best rewards for your trip... but if your next trip is not until late in the year or early next year (or even later) then it seems like a waste of time (to me, atleast) to be nickle and diming the system trying to eke out as many possible LPs when you have so much time to earn them

11. BacheloretteBeth414

BacheloretteBeth414 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been playing for 3 weeks. I'm on level 34 and have 23,500LP. Am I going at a good pace? I haven't been stock piling my chips. I've been minimum betting when my XP's are low and betting 200/spin when I've got 20-40,000XP.

Is this a good use of my time? I'm trying to learn but everyone is at such high levels and betting with so many XP's, it's tough comparing apples to oranges!

Any advice for us rookies?

12. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Play 200 when you don't have a lot of chips... as you progress and you build all your hotels, it's WAY easier to get chips then you can bet more. My preferred bet is 1000 or 1500 (depending on the game). That racks them up good for me! Betting like 15,000 does nothing and you don't really earn points much faster. After level 58 it's pointless to play less than 1000, because you earn slower.

When you bet 1000 you win more too, when you bet 200 you don't win much so it's harder to get ahead.

#1 tip, if you see a reward get it immediately!! You never know when it will go away. I also wouldn't plan a trip around the room comps.. The point levels are fairly ridiculous (unless you are ok with Excalibur), and availability is slim. Also read the fine print on the rewards, a ton of stuff isn't valid on the weekend, or has expiration dates.

13. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Started playing this just under a month ago when I learned there were actually good rewards available and husband decided we need another trip. Currently work mostly from home so I run the slots in the background on multispin. Also have the mobile app and run that in the background from time to time (the 2000LP/day limit does NOT include loyalty from the mobile app, thats an added perk). My level is 61 with 80,000 or so chips and 80,000 loyalty points....just waiting for that 90 day mark.
    If I am patient and run bets of 150-600 I steadily build my chips but with the scratch card game for Chinese New Year I start increasing my bet to get that last one in before falling asleep...and start draining chips quickly.
    Do talk your friends into the game and add them as neighbors. Gifting chips etc will help with chips and loyalty.

14. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was a discussion on the board a few months back about efficient/fastest way to earn loyalty points. I try to play the games where it allows for 1000 a spin, but will play 1200 or 1500 on some of the new games when they come out (and seem like they are the loosest.)

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97984

15. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well my theory was to bet at 200 per spin, unless I was working on a hotel and was getting the V's, then I'd reduce to 60 a spin. I did that as having the wildcard of the V would throw off the probability of higher wins as it's a "dead" space in the sense that it won't pay out with that spin. Once I had the hotel built and was waiting on my next building permit I'd go back to 200 a spin. After level 120 (I think?) I upped it to 1000 a spin, set it to 200 multi-spin, and let er rip!

I believe level 120 is when it costs 8,000 XP per 10 LP, coming up from the 6,000 XP per 10 LP for my betting styles outlined above. At a certain point it costs more XP per LP earned.

16. rvallez6

rvallez6 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually play a reasonable amount per spin depending on my current chip bankroll. If i'm 20K or above i'll go with 600 per spin. If i'm at 40K or higher, i'll go with 1000-1500 a spin. Between 10K and 20K, i'll go 200-300 depending on the game. Less than 10K i'm betting minimum to 100.

I like to try and get the most return for my bets, and betting minimum can get boring. I went minimum when building the strip resorts, but my sweet spot is usually 600 a spin on the Excalibur 2 or Betrock. It gets a little easier when you level up. Having all of the resorts built can get you 5-10K per collection. Its nice hitting the LP on the daily spin as well.

17. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm totally addicted. Just started playing lass than a week ago and I already have 23K+ loyalty points :beer:

18. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got to be the most inefficient player there ever was. I'm a level 205 and I've earned 500K LPs total.....I play a lot of blackjack though, I've ran my chip count up to about 3.5 million before. Then played 24K/spin on double XP day..

19. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What you have is about where somebody would be if they rarely (or never) gifted chips to/from other players - which isn't a bad thing, it all really depends on how many chips you have and how many you need. I'm up around 600K LPs and I still play from time to time, but realistically this is more than enough LPs to last me for a while.

20. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Vegas numerous times. The last 2 times I've used MyVegas and I have 2 more trips this year that I will be using them. I currently have 400,000 gold coins/xp's.

Here's the deal:
    If you want to play efficiently you have to figure out how many red coins it takes to get get your 10xp's.

Say I bet 300 and it takes 20 spins to get my 10 xp's, and then if I bet 600 it took 12 spins to get my 10xp's. Then I am getting the xp's quicker with betting 600 but I would get more xp's per red coin betting 300.

This becomes important because the higher level you are the harder it is to earn xp's. So you want to maximize on all xp's available and not over-bet the ratio.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.