1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Jean Georges Steakhouse

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by thecarve, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are your thoughts on Jean Georges Steakhouse (Aria)?

I’ve got a trip in early March planned with my sister, brother-in-law and potentially a few other friends and family members. Sis has been putting together a loose itinerary and wanted my opinion. JG was the only thing on the list I really didn’t know much about. And I haven’t read many reviews or seen it discussed much on this board.

So…what do you think? Should it be a “must do” on our itinerary? Is there any reason to scratch it off the list? Where does it fit into your "Vegas steakhouse list"? I'd love to hear your opinions/experiences.

Many thanks! :beer:

2. lowsmith

lowsmith Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there several years ago, march 2010. It was excellent. I don't think I would add it to my absolute must-do list. But it was worth going.

3. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

It's doesn't receive much fan fare, but it is solid. I've been a few times and it's been excellent. I've had the snapper, short ribs and NY Strip.

4. TNScaper

TNScaper Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's anywhere HALF as good as his place at Bellagio (Prime), then yes, you need to go. I haven't been to the one at Aria, but Prime is a definite "must-do" for us every time we go to Vegas

5. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer it over Prime and SW Steakhouse, fantastic restaurant. I recommend the crispy sushi sampler.

6. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thecarve:

From your signature, it looks like you are staying at Wynn. Go to SW Steakhouse so you can have the lobster gnocchi (a side dish that has to be the best side dish ever, IMO) and you can get the whole meal comped.

Free and fabulous food..... JMHO

7. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, to be perfectly honest, the reason for this thread was to see if I should lobby for a switch to SW. From the responses, though, I think I might have to give JG a whirl. (I'm a huge fan of SW. But sadly, I'm allergic to lobster...so I'll never get a chance to try the best side dish ever.:cry:)

8. SelfMade

SelfMade Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jean Georges is a fantastic chef and his NYC restaurants are among the best I've ever tried. I haven't eaten at his restaurants in Vegas but if they hold the same quality standard as his other properties it's an easy pick (not that any thing's wrong with SW).

9. pikabu

pikabu Low roller, but always enjoy the ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JG at the Aria - we went there last month and enjoyed our time there. Apparently, it is a bit louder than the Bellagio one (we've never been to a JG restaurant before), but the ambience was fine for us.

We has the $69 early dinner menu. My husband's Caesar salad was very average; edible but we expected a much higher calibre. That was the only slightly negative. I had the mozzarella and tomato salad which was excellent. We both had the filet mignon, again, very nicely done. And the desserts, the chocolate cake and cherry cheesecake were both well presented and delicious.

Service people were well trained and attentive.

We'll definitely return, but forgo a Caesar salad.

10. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    okay, so no lobster gnocchi for you....but the au gratins and the filets and the crab cake appetizer....yummmy

And, I can watch the frog sing "it's a wonderful world" by Louis Armstrong over and over and over. Just love that show on the lake. But, since you aren't making the itinerary......you are going to have to go with the flow. :wave:

11. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went a few years ago and it was good, I just remember it being outrageously expensive.

For steak, I think you have to go to Gordon Ramsay if money is no object for dinner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.