1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Parking a van in the Flamingo lot?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by fetaljunk, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fetaljunk

fetaljunk Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Parking a van in the Flamingo parking lot?

Hi all, very helpful message board here. We're going to Vegas at the end of February, and staying at the Flamingo. We're renting an 8-passenger van, something like this:
    used_2008_chevrolet_express_8_passenger_van_99062857605957497.jpg .

What are my chances of being able to park this in the Flamingo's garage? I'm guessing it isn't much bigger, if at all, than many of the large SUV's that get rented there, so hoping it won't be a problem. I'd really prefer to avoid using the valet (I'm cheap and like to do things myself), especially when we first get there, as we'll just be checking in and heading back out shortly thereafter. Any opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014
  2. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think it would be ok? Unless it's a giant van, if it's SUV size it should be ok.

That parking lot is pretty crappy though...

3. Rumdranker

Rumdranker Grateful Lurker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a little tight in there and confusing, at least for me.
    It should fit just slow time to find a decent spot and navigating the turns.

I understand cheap, but you could tip the valet before and after to have them keep it close, at least for the first day.

Enjoy!

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it might be more on whether the height can clear (which I believe that it would) that anything else. I've not been in their garage, but I think there might not be many vehicles on the top floor of the parking garage. I would park it there.

BTW, valet wouldn't be all that bad. Tip a buck or 2 when you pick it up and you all won't have to go up and down those parking garage elevators so much. Those things tend to stink to high Heaven.

5. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's Vegas baby use the valet and let them do the work. Tip em $5 when you pick it up which is basically free because nothing is $5 in Vegas. And if you want him to keep it close tip him an extra $5 when you drop it off and let him know you will be back in X number of minutes.

6. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We rented a 8/12 passenger Ford E350 during CES this year. We valeted it all the time at Planet Hollywood , golden Nugget, the quad and never had a problem. It is so easy to valet and a small amount of money(tips) compared to the convenience.

7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find the Flamingo lot to be one of the worst there is! The traffic paths are small.

I agree that valet is the way to go but it's often marked full. I've had good luck asking Mr Lincoln to help me in that case. :)

8. fetaljunk

fetaljunk Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the input guys, really appreciate it. I'll probably go ahead and valet park it when I get there as suggested, just to save the stress, and maybe take a look in the garage later; if nothing else I'll be able to answer the question for others. Then again, I'll probably be eager for my first drink, and likely not care at that point.

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    for convenience I would recommend using the valet. The Flamingo parking lot isn't the easiest to navigate around (worse with a large van) and while it can hold your van I wouldn't recommend trying it yourself.

I usually rent a car and don't like to park at the flamingo lot (usually I park at the bellagio, PH/bally's, or palazzo instead).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.