1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about Allegiant changing flight times.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dfalk, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So my g/f booked a flight to meet me in Vegas halfway through my trip. She just got an email saying they changed the flight times so instead of arriving at 1:30PM she now arrives at 10:00PM which pretty muchs ruins the whole day. The weird thing is I went on to Allegiants website and it's showing there are no flights at all for that date. What the hell's going on there

Also would they give her a refund since they changed the times, she didn't buy trip flex.? It's pretty shitty cause it was supposed to be a quick little trip for her and now it's even shorter. Arriving in Vegas at 10:00PM on a Wed and leaving at 9:00AM on Friday would be a waste of time and money.

2. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I am no expert on Allegiant, for sure. But, if it was me, I would call Allegiant directly, and ask them all of those questions, and more ... and get the answers & solutions straight from them.

3. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol I don't care about it THAT much, I told my g/f to call and have fun sittin on hold for 30-60 mins.

4. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't speak for Allegiant, but I had a similar issue with both Delta and American in the past. I called both up and both were willing to give me a refund with no fees due to the change in times. I don't know if there is a minimum, but anything more than 3 hours to me is unacceptable.

It was a while ago but I believe 1 I just rebooked(again no fee) to a different time and the other I just got a refund and ended up booking a different airline. While I was annoyed with the hassle, both did end up having good customer service(at least that time :) ).

5. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a mechanical issue on Allegiant last month, and they had to cancel the flight and rebook us the next day - they gave some compensation and a room for the night.

I am guessing that since they gave you some 'heads-up' time, there will be no compensation, however, may be willing to allow 'free' changes if needed - not that it will help you, since there are no other flights available that day.

So, basically, phoning in and asking may give you some explanation - yup, the dreaded 60 minute wait!!

6. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ruthless!
    Lol, I do it to my wife all the time, lol...i tell her my vocal cords don't work over the phone, haha.

Seems to me she's fucked...Allegiant basically is a take-it or leave-it airline..
    Luckily, out of Stockton we've had good luck.

7. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shit that blows. Especially since you lose about 10 hrs in vegas! Call em up and maybe do the trip another time or go a day earlier?

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to cut rate, nickel and dime airlines, lol.

Unfortunately your situation isn't unusual, we get flight changes and cancellations from Hawaii a lot, so much that most of us won't use allegiant to fly from Hawaii. They have the lowest rates in town but their flights are unreliable, we would rather pay more for an almost "guaranteed" flight (delays and cancellations do occur with other airlines, just not as frequently as with Allegiant IMHO).

Hopefully they will give you your money back but some airlines will just give you a credit instead. I cancelled a SW airlines flight, they gave me a credit that I had to use within a year, luckily I went on another trip and used the credit. I didn't mind as other airlines charge a high cancellation fee or you lose your money, at least I was able to use the credit for a flight on another day.

I know that some people like and use Allegiant but I'm not one of them.

9. BearcatBJ

BearcatBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a similar problem on my up coming trip only its with Delta. Booked the flight back in Nov for a March trip. Wed-Mon leaving monday at 10AM direct flight back home, midwest so home by 5P. They cancelled the direct flight and put me on the redeye that night arriving at 6a Tuesday!

They will let you change your flight for free or give you a refund but doesn't help if there is nothing that works with your schedule. I would look to go the day before if at all possible could end up gaining a few golden hours in sin city!:beer:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.