1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fingers crossed for April trip...

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Yall, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My buddy said "Hey let's go to vegas in April. My girlfriend will be at a bachelorette party in NYC the weekend before Easter, so we should totally do a guys trip!".

You can't suggest a Vegas trip to me and not have me totally wig out and want to go. I immediately told my wife I was going and she was OK with it (provided I get a new shower/tub installed for our bathroom).

But now my buddy's girlfriend is pressuring him not to go. Lame!

So my fingers are crossed he defies her wishes and goes. I don't feel like doing a solo trip.

2. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    did I hear that right?

She is doing a weekend in NYC with the girls but he shouldn't go to Vegas with married friend? He should get rid of her now?

JMHO

TomTWI

3. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what I hear from all my friends that cannot make it to Vegas.

4. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah I have a couple buddies like that.....they make it maybe once every 2-3 years, if that. I don't know if it's really the wives like they say, or maybe tight finances....either way they just seem miserable.

On the other hand I've got a solid group with cool wives. I mean there is always some "quid pro quo" as Leslie Chow would say, but I just can't imagine a life without Vegas. That upcoming trip always motivates me through the hard times! :beer:

5. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Women restricting plans, aka guy trips or outings, is a deal breaker for me. I am thankful I haven't had to deal with that personally because I love to do what I want whenever I want. Of course quid pro quo is involved but I also will not attempt to restrict my girlfriend from going wherever she wants.

I have a couple friends who have wives or girlfriends like that and I feel sorry for them.

6. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't be really happy if my husband went and just left me sitting at home by myself but if we both planned vacations on our own then it would be fine.

Not sure why she can go to NYC and he can not go away too.

I also am of the camp do not bring it up unless you are going to do it. My husband is indecisive and i hold him to things he says often now where for a long time i shrugged it off.

Get your friend to book asap then it can not be taken back lol. We are there the same weekend.

7. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

I can relate to that tub/shower thing. My wife been wanting the same thing and said she would be extremely grateful and generous to me if it is done.

8. DonkHappens

DonkHappens Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine was the same way about my December trip. Sometimes I miss her:cry: but I would miss Vegas more. :Þ

9. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Haven't had to put up with that "spouse pressure thing" for 37 years.....got divorced in Mar. '77.:evillaugh

10. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm lucky as my wife is cool about his sorta thing. She comes out maybe every other trip and is happy to stay home with the pooches the other 50% of the time.

11. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buddy I hear you. Since my wife lost interest in traveling to Vegas, she has been a ball buster. Of course I like to gamble and she does not.

Basically I can squeeze out one solo vacation trip without her a year, which means I have to pick careful. My superbowl weekend plans got sabatoged by my annual golf trip.

So to appease the wife in lieu of letting her go on a shopping binge equal to my gaming bankroll, I had to agree to an end of February trip to meet her extended family in Vegas. Basically 3.5 with family and 3 days solo, lucky for me her family are degenerates like myself and she will be busy shopping with her cousin.

I suggest you figure out an equalizer soon, or as they say in Seinfeld "Get the upper hand."

[YOUTUBE]8g3tQaqizh0[/YOUTUBE]

BeeeJay got the ultimate upper hand from his wife in free Vegas pass, but of course he is a much more skilled negotiator than most of us poor saps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.