1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone know of a better deal?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Jerseyguy2, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I reserved a compact thru Car Rentals.Com at Payless from 3/25 11pm-3/31 1pm
    Cost was $232. I know a lot of people on here rent often so maybe someone knows of something better? Preferably at the Car Rental Center.

2. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    are you a total rewards memeber? If so go to their site and use the TR getaways tab and book there. I just booked via them and it was $105 for 4 days, Sat-Weds. Also its not lower end rental companies, I was given choice of 4-5 good ones. Dollar was who I chose, its the best deal I have seen, thanks to a post on here about it awhile back!

3. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks I'll give that a try

I'm cancelling that Payless.

4. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One thing to be aware of if you didnt know.

Their price was insanely good till I realized that it doesnt include taxes and airport fees,about $80, and you have to pay upfront rather than just making a reservation. This way I'm assuming they get their commision instantly .
    It will save me a few bucks,but I do like the idea of being flexible to modify or cancell. I might just rent over the weekend also,a lot cheaper.
    Thanks again.

5. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I'm wrong

I checked another thread and people claim the tax and fees are included.Hard to believe ,but I cant argue.
    OK,I booked a Maxima at Thrifty for $108 for those dates ,hard to believe but they claim it includes all fees and taxes and unlimited miles.
    Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kayak search on your time period shows rentals from ez rent a car at $207 for economy, $214 for compact, $221 for intermediate. It also shows a U save full sized rental for $187. Not sure where U save is located but EZ is located in the rental facility.

As you mentioned, Payless is at $232 for compact.

Costco prices were more expensive ($250's) but they were for national chains like budget, etc.

I am not sure how EZ is but I have rented from payless before (3 weeks ago in vegas). Just be prepared to check for hidden charges (make sure that your bill comes out to what you reserved the car for) and the push for extras like gas pre fill ups and added insurance because of rental out of service fees if you are in an accident.

I checked thrifty and didn't find any prices you mention, most the base prices are over $200 so with all taxes and fees they were close to $300 or over. what thread did you check on that had $108 rates? I am interested if it is true, maybe there is another site/thread that points to sites with low rates. Usually when I reserve the car I get a statement which includes the rates and added taxes and fees to give you a total rental rate. If your statement doesn't include this then it is possible that it will cost more with taxes and fees.

best to keep your other reservations just in case you find that your deal isn't really a deal and had other charges (taxes and fees) added to it at the end.

7. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    makiki, if you have a total rewards card from Caesars log in to the TR site adn choose TR getaways. You can then book a car for about half the price of anywhere else. As far as I can tell, taxes are included, as you said the people on the other thread said they were paid in full, so I gave it a shot! If I have issues at the rental site, I will just call my CC company and dispute charges, as it says paid in full. You can always call Thrifty and ask if you are paid in full and ready to go!

here is the link to that post....https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100921

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks.

When you get home from your trip can you post and confirm? I just wanted to make sure that it is so (low rates and taxes and fees included).

I used to have a CP card but not sure if it carried over to TR, guess I should get a TR card but I hardly play at CP properties so never had the chance to get a TR card. :wave:

9. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will do, I will actually probably try and update when I get out there! Ive heard from others who called in toe confrim with Dollar that the fee was paid in full, so we will see! I just signed up for Dollar Express so hopefully I can combine this with my DE account and get in and out of the rental facility very fast!!

10. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stan,

Iu25 speaks the truth as there's another thread about the Total Rewards deal through TR Getaways. There have been other board members who've used the deal and they all stated that all fees were included and the rentals included unlimited miles. Only thing you decline is the insurance, gas and all the other upsells they try and get you to purchase.

I have 2 rentals reserved (one for March and one for May) for 7 days at $108/each... Can't beat that for a Premium car! Only thing I have to do now is link my TR Getaways reservations with my Dollar Express account. Will do that shortly so I can skip the long lines...

Hope all is well!

Charlie

Annual Golf Trip
  11. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn, I wished I looked into this before starting to book my trip since it looks like they offer "bonus bucks" too. This does a good job on lowering car rentals even for a lowly Gold member like me. I think we are still going to bother with Enterprise's "weekend deal" since we won't need the car the whole time slash willing to deal with not picking it up at McCarran.

And makiki, if you got a Caesars Palace player's card, you likely have a TR account when they took over. I had an MLife account before I ever played at an MLife property (first time Gold Strike Tunica 2009) because I got a card from Mirage in 2001.

12. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the TR info guys. Guess I will have to use it to see if it still works.

Actually I lost my CP card years ago and since I never play at their properties (stay/play mostly downtown) I never bothered getting another card. Same thing with my mlife card so I need to get new/replacement ones.

It's funny because my 4queens card "expired" also, when I tried to play with it the machine didn't accept it. when I went to the customer service booth the girl needed my drivers license to reenter all my information again, seems that they bumped me from their system (probably did a purge when they went to the new cards) since I didn't give them much play over the years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.