1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Valentine's Day Plans in Las Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by caretaker77, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caretaker77

caretaker77 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello,

My wife and I are going to be in Las Vegas for a week in February, including Valentine's Day.

Has anyone else done a Valentine's Day there? How was it? I'm looking for ideas to surprise my wife for Valentine's day.

Thanks

2. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a heads up, if you're looking for a nice dinner, most restaurants I checked were already fully committed for Friday.

3. caretaker77

caretaker77 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, I figured I was late starting this. I'm open to a lot though, and I don't know enough about Las Vegas to have anything jump out at me.

4. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They do have some special shows and dinners available for valentine's day (though you'll have to see if there is any availability left). The gf and I will be arriving on valentine's day. We'll be shooting some guns, grab lunch, teach her how to play craps, head to Le Cirque for dinner (grabbed the last available reservation on open table), and then spend the rest of the night gambling at Mandalay Bay, nothing particularly romantic...

5. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

two thoughts.

upon arriving in las vegas one mothers day, inquired of the shuttle driver about what might be done to find a nice place that we could get into. he put a real human face on the las vegas service industry, saying that most of the people who lived and worked there had wives and mothers there too, as he nicely informed us most places would be full.

we will also be there on valentines day, but will be taking a day tour to laughlin that day, and will just find something that night when we get back, and do a fancy dinner another night of the trip.

last year, we had dinner at the cortez room at the gold coast on the12th, and then made reservations for valentines night as we were leaving...i really thought that we probably got a yes, while others just walking up would get a no.

might be a thought to id a place where you would like to go on the 14th, and go there a night or two before and inquire...they might not want to turn down two customers in one.

6. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anniversary, Valentines or anything else it doesn't matter. Just another day to my wife as all she wants to do is gamble.....god, I love her. :thumbsup:

7. codingkw

codingkw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to opentable and they have valentines specials and places that have open tables.

8. Haileylayne

Haileylayne Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would love to be in Vegas on Valentines! I can imagine that the Eiffel Tower Restaurant would be completely booked that night already but that's where I would have suggested for dinner.

Have fun!

9. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where are you staying and what type of restaurant would you like to go to? Or, when you say "ideas" are you taking about shows, bars, clubs, day trips, etc.?

10. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been in Vegas twice for Valentine's Day - not intentionally, but a trade show I work with my husband is often in Vegas. It was last year - my husband blew up red & white balloons and had them in the room with a card (and either chocolate or wine - it was the morning so probably chocolate but he knows how I love wine ;-) I don't recall a special dinner - maybe sushi at Fashion Place Mall (we stayed at TI, trade show was at Venetian) When we were there for V Day before, we we staying downtown on the weekend and happened to reserve Triple George Grill - not knowing it was VDay when we booked. THey had a prix fixe meal that was quite nice and a good price.

This year we're in Orlando ;-) On Friday, we'll be staying at the Hard Rock and going to Universal Studios so we can explore Harry Potter world:thumbsup:

(we don't really celebrate, which is why the balloons & card last year were such a surprise for me!)

11. caretaker77

caretaker77 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some great ideas in here so far, thanks. I've arranged a later nice dinner so that part's taken care of (thankscodingkw for the opentable site). Now I'm looking for something earlier in the evening. I like the idea of maybe buying some treats/decorations for the room and surprising her. She will be away from the room for a bit so I will have a chance to set that up.

12. caretaker77

caretaker77 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To 2VegasNuts, I'd be open to anything on the list you gave except clubs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.