1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Nachos on Strip

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Marney1, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marney1

Marney1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please can anyone recommend the best place on the Strip to get Nachos. The friend I am travelling with has never indulged so want to initiate her to this guilty pleasure at its best!

2. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd say the Volcano Nachos at Margaritaville. Although I can't admit to eating a lot of nachos on the Strip. The ones there are good. But be sure and take your small army with you -- when they bring out your order you're gonna wonder if you're on one of those food eating contest shows or something.

3. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At The Peppermill. You can get the nachos in the restaurant of the lounge. If you've never been to Peppermill you'll kill 2 birds with one stone! (If you eat in the restaurant, go for a drink in the lounge after...super cool!

4. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dennys. $4

5. Kickin

Kickin Flea

We had the steak nachos at Tacos & Tequila on our last trip and honestly they were some of the only nachos in my lifetime that blew me away. Highly recommended! If you go there you can also check-in on foursquare for buy one get one free margaritas.

6. CubsBrian

CubsBrian Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had the Volcano Nachos at Margaritaville, very good. But my favorite is the steak nachos at the Diablo Cantina at the Monte Carlo! Nice subtle kick and they're HUGE!!

7. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We love the volcano nachos at Margaritaville. We had some at Blonde's in the MM shops that we didn't like as much. Someone on here posted recently that the ones at the Taco restaurant in Bally's were good.... :)

8. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can remember 4 I've had

Margaritaville Volcano Nachos. The outdoor seating and great margaritas may have something to do with it, but this is the one we always go back for.

Sporting House in NYNY - Good, we have them each time we are watching games here. I wouldn't go here for these, but a good choice while there.

Diablos - Same as Sporting House. They were good. I'm just not a huge fan of this place in general.

Tequila Bar and Grill in Ballys - I wouldn't get them again. They weren't bad, but I think the size just got to me. These would feed 10 people. They won't even let you pay full price and just give half the chips.

9. sabrina

sabrina Low roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have have not been to Diablos, but all the other places mentioned and my vote goes for TNT, steak or Chicken. Delicious

10. mattMN10

mattMN10 Minnesota living. Las Vegas dreaming.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only nachos I've had in Vegas were the volcano nachos at margaritaville and they were really good and huge. Fun atmosphere to boot.

Halloween - spooky big wins incoming
  11. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have had many different ones in Vegas and would recommend 2. One is volcano nachos at Margaritaville and the other is those giant nachos at the taco place in Bally's. They are ridiculous in size, but who cares. They are good and there is no chance of leaving hungry. Order them for dinner and feed 4 people for $4 each.

12. Marney1

Marney1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for your recommendations.

13. billyinpg

billyinpg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What no love for Del Taco south strip:beer: They are my personal best but not because they are good rather it's because of the story.:drunk:

14. Avsman17

Avsman17 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for margaritaville

15. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had the Volcano Nachos at Margaritaville numerous times, amazing! Want to try the ones at Diablos tho, heard nothing but good things!

16. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Came here to post Tacos & Tequila

Nice.

17. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What makes nachos commendable? I'm being serious here. I've made queso fundido -- the cheese part, essentially Mexican fondue -- with Oaxacan cheese and sautéed spinach and a dabble of pico and grilled-off some chorizo and blah blah blah and had folks scream out, "Where's the damn CheezWhiz?" And I've made it with Velveeta and Rotel's and had others think it the best ever while others say, "It's CheezWhiz, uck."

18. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm kinda a freak about having my food hot anyways, but it's especially important to me with nachos. As you know, it's just not the same as it cools. I like a lot of cheese, beans, olives, jalapeños and some sour cream and guacamole. You can throw some meat on there too, but for me it's gotta be right outta the oven.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  19. Haileylayne

Haileylayne Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always heard about the Volcano Nachos at Margaritaville! I plan on trying them on my next trip.

20. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Volcano Nachos at Margaritaville for sure.

Last month I had Nachos at the Hard Rock Café at Harveys in Lake Tahoe. They were very good too. Not sure if the HRC on the strip is as good or not though. I figure they would be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.