1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Presidential Limo vs Cosmopolitan limo?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by BayouBengal, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking at booking a limo for transport next month. Presidential has a nice offer on their website for $133. I assume gratuity is not included. I can get a limo from the Cosmopolitan itself for $103 each way all inclusive. I figure that with tip, the cost is pretty close with the Cosmo option being slightly higher. I see great reviews about presidential so I have no qualms about booking with them. I'm curious as to what additional hidden costs might be in there? Any recommendation? I'm gold level identity and don't have a host else I would've set up through them.

Also, does the cosmopolitan still honor the Marriott Gold benefit of limo upgrade from sedan?

2. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That rate from presidential is all in, I usually tip the drive $20 on the drive to the hotel and $10 on the way back to the airport!

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Concierge responded to my email already. The upgrade is no longer a benefit but as marriott gold elite I'm supposed to be able to use a special marriott elite check in to the left of the front desk. Isn't that the usual Identity Platinum check in? She also said snacks, tea and coffee are available from 6a-12p.

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used Presidential in October, fantastic. It was $135 round trip. Included a bottle of champagne. I was emailed the drivers cell number the day before. Met at baggage claim, helped with luggage, had an hour and could stop to pick up water/snacks if we wanted or just drive around. On our departure day the driver was waiting at the hotel 20 minutes before our scheduled pick up time. We plan to use them again in May.

5. tldbucs

tldbucs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have used Presidential several times in the past and highly recommend them. Bonus if you can get George as your driver, he's a legend!

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All sounds very encouraging for presidential. Would there be time to hit up the Welcome to Las Vegas sign as well as hit up a store for booze and snacks? The only time I've been by the sign was running the Rock N Roll Half Marathon.

7. nystocktrader

nystocktrader Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trip to the sign and liquor store straight from the airport. Presidential all the way.

I usually stop at:

Super Liquor South Strip
    3999 S Las Vegas Blvd

1/2 mile just North of the sign (across from Mandalay Bay). Your driver may have a better spot (sometimes they get a kickback from the store).

8. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends a little.

If you book ahead, your 1 hour starts from when your plane lands - even before you get your baggage.

So we didn't book ahead. We went out to the limo line, walked down till we saw a Presidential limo and asked the driver if we could hire him

He said that he woudl have to come to the payment desk with us because the cashier wanted to make sure that he didn't hustle us as a fare (rather that we approached him) as he wasn't the first limo in line.

We told the cashier that we only wanted Presidential, she said ok and off we went for an hour. $80 plus tip. Hit the liquor store, welcome to Las Vegas sign and drove north on LAS Vegas Blvd. to get to the Golden Nugget.

Because we didn't pre book there was not the champagne in the car but we used the whole hour and then some - and they didn't charge us more for the overage in time.

9. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as it's cheaper/better selection than the ABC Store or Walgreens in Miracle Mile I'll be happy.

10. StephGrahamKC

StephGrahamKC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So if I were to book the online web special, you have 1 hour for the trip to the hotel?

11. billyinpg

billyinpg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, you would have one hour from when the plane lands, luckily for us we are able to get our baggage rather quickly and I would estimate we would have 45 min or so. It's enough time for us to stop for supplies and make it to wherever we happen to be staying.

If you are bringing a wife or girlfriend I would book it. For some reason the women seem to enjoy the rose and champagne.:thumbsup:

12. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YES!

Exact same experience!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

13. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always used Presidential, always had good experiences with them. The hour you get is enough to stop by a wallgreens to get snacks/water/booze/etc and make a quick stop off at the sign, if you so choose to do so.

14. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The plane landing time is their rule but we always go Downtown via the Strip on arrival and have never been asked for any "overage"....

They do a great job...

15. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to drive for Presidential and still book with them. I have used them when they had a fleet of 9 limos, and honestly I promoted the hell out of them on here. They have the best cars for the rate and amenities and drivers second to none. Book your pickup at airport and ask for driver to meet you 30 minutes after flight lands if you have bags, 15 minutes if you don't. Less than 4 ppl get the Chrysler 300, up to 6 get super stretch if you have more than 8 or tons of bags, get the escapade.

16. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used Presidential when I got married last year.

Excellent. Had a stretch Escalade for about 4 hours.

17. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've booked Presidential once last summer via the web special for 6 people.

Pick up was fantastic, a very personable driver, extra bottles of champagne and roses for the ladies.

Drop-off. Packed up, checked out of the hotel and getting lunch with 15 min prior to the limo arriving, my phone rings. It's United telling me that the flight has been canceled due to weather in the Midwest grounding planes. Our flight was next morning as a result. We had to book another night at the hotel.

Called Presidential, the driver was en route as expected. Talked to the manager and he re-called the driver and re-scheduled the pick up for us the next morning at no cost. While it wasn't our fault, it wasn't his either and I'm sure he assumed some loss as a result of having to reschedule our pickup last second.

That, to me, is how you earn a repeat customer.

Normally I don't take a limo, but I plan to book Presidential next trip with just me and the wife specifically for us to enjoy the experience and as a payback to the company for quality service.

18. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I e-mailed them and asked them if they could pick us up 20-30 minutes after my plane landed and their reply was "I am sorry we track your flight and time starts when the plane lands"

I asked are you sure cause I read somewhere on the internet that you could, and they replied "No I am sorry this has always been our policy"

Not a huge deal buy would be nice to have a little more time and not be rushed.

19. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The girlfriend surprised me by booking this for our trip in May. How are the cars on the inside? Is the 300 just a run of the mill 300 or is it pretty swanky inside?

20. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a photo/video gallery on their site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.