1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo Go vs Hollywood Hip

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by DonnyC, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo Go vs Hollywood Hip

Pro's, con's.

Please rate on just the rooms and not on the rest of the resort.

Thanks.

2. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I vote for Hollywood Hip. I think the bathrooms are much bigger and nicer IMO. My only complaint about the room is that the window is small and the room is very dark. Other than that nicer in every way.

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with sonyhog that the HH room is dark....which makes it seem even smaller. (small window does not allow much light or view) The bathroom is a little nicer but I would definitely choose a Go Room over a HH anytime. Like the décor in the Go Room better than at PH.... the bright colors and the big windows makes it seem more spacious.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    funny this is comming up i have to put my parents up, and they comp is ph or flamingo and i went with flamingo.i figured with the linq open they will have alot to do and the rooms are decent.

5. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go room for sure!! We just stayed in the Hollywood Hip over NYE. The rooms are small and dark. There are only two little drawers for your clothes. The furniture is battered and old and when we both sat down on the end of the bed the head of the bed lifted up and we almost fell off :rolleyes2:

Sure the bathroom is bigger but that's all I would give it.

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go room, never know what you are getting with HH, views terrible, worsened by lack of light. The only advantage is I have liked the large bathroom for a trip w the wife or GF. Go room is much brighter and comfortable in my opinion.

7. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with the GO room. How can you compare with the floor-to-ceiling windows and the automated drapes? And the bathroom size in the GO room is a nice size, certainly not small.

Just as an FYI... I moved from a strip view GO room to a Mirage strip view room. The Mirage room was certainly more recently renovated and, while I really liked it, the small window made it 'feel' like it wasn't a strip view room.

There's nothing like waking in the morning, pushing the buttons, and having the strip revealed to you while lying in bed!
    diane

8. nbdysreal

nbdysreal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not seeing it listed, but are there any Go Rooms with two queens instead of the king? Sorry for the thread jack.

9. ARE U SRS?

ARE U SRS? Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also agree with the GO-room!

Yes, stayed there with a friend and they also have rooms with two queens. Just ask for a room with two beds when you check in.

10. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, they do have GO rooms with two queens. I stayed in one three summers ago, it was in the south tower facing Ballys. I hadn't specifically requested it, it was just luck of the draw (solo trip, so I didn't care either way). I've noticed in subsequent years, when booking thorough TR, there's an option to select either a king or to queens. Hope that helps

Vegas Vacation 2024
  11. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo has become a huge roll of the dice lately... it could be just fine or horrible and smelly with roaches... I wouldn't chance it. I had one trip where the room was awesome, and one where it was smelly and just less desirable...

The Hollywood Hip rooms are older, and a little small, but I would never worry about my room being decent at PH.

Neither would ever be my first choice, I'd only go with Flamingo if it was a lot cheaper.

12. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A Hollywood Hip room verses a Flamingo Go room is not an Apples to Apples comparison.

I believe you may want to inquire again with the following comparison.

Hollywood Hip verses Flamingo Fab Deluxe or

Hollywood Resort verses Flamingo Go.

What we loved about the GO DELUXE room with strip view is the floor to ceiling windows. For PHo, you have to go one level above the Resort room to a Vista Resort room to get the floor to ceiling windows.

And there are not many Vista Resort rooms at PHo.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.