1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn buffet info?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by justmare, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My nephew and his girlfriend are going with us March 1 & 2 and they want to go to one of the top buffets in Vegas. I haven't been to the Wynn buffet since shortly after it opened, so I'm useless to them on this subject. Can anyone answer these questions for me?

Does the Sunday dinner buffet have crab legs?
    Is there an option to buy all-you-can-drink champagne during dinner? (Or is that just for brunch?)
    Can anyone give me pricing info?

Anything else you can tell me would be terrific. TIA

2. texdan17

texdan17 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mare, we went once and only once, last year, February... it was TERRIBLE. Food options were limited. Half of our hot stuff was indeed not hot. Understaffed. Messy... will not return.

My new favorite is Mirage's buffet...

3. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, TexDan. So sad to hear that. :(

4. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wynn buffet used to be the top buffet in town, hands down.

Used to be.

The quality has definitely declined. They've substituted out some of my favorite items for less expensive, more generic alternatives. The service has never been immense (it's a buffet!), but that has probably declined a bit as well.

All of that being said, the Wynn buffet is still one of the top buffets in town, and comparing it to the Mirage is chuckleworthy.

Caesars is probably my top choice at the moment, so long as you don't show up during the peakest of peak hours, during which they have a tendency to be out of everything. Otherwise, from a selection and quality standpoint, they are at the top right now. I've never been to Wicked Spoon, and I know some people think it's comparable. Maybe one day I'll try it.

5. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The tow top buffets in town is Wicked Spoon(Cosmo) and Bacchanal(Caesars) with Wicked be my favourite but both are very good. Those two are above the rest and Wynn is one of the few others that are good on the Strip with Bellagio being decent as well. Mirage is definitely not comparable like previous poster said although i only ate there once but was just terrible in terms of quality. Sparkling wine will be available for an additional cost just check on their website what the cost will be.

6. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As mentioned, Wynn is not one of the top anymore. Not because Caesar's is the best, but their quality and choices are just above average.
    Ate there 3 times last year (it was a comp with my suite over at Encore) and I would never pay full price for that thing.

Besides Caesar's, other choices would be: Wicked Spoon over at Cosmo, Aria buffet, or my new favorite (thanks to MyVegas) Mandalay Bay's Bayside Buffet. Bellagio also has a decent dinner buffet as well.

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bacchanal and Wicked Spoon have definitely surpassed Wynn. I prefer Bacchanal but both are great. If you can get a comp or a discount of some kind Wynn is fine. I didn't find it "bad", there are just better options.

8. ajonate

ajonate Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wasn't all that impressed with the Wynn buffet either.

Go the the Spice Market buffet at Planet Hollywood.

9. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at Wynn buffet 3 times comped last trip. I would take Rio's and Planet Hollywood's buffet over Wynn buffet. Just underwhelming. It's so average. The food tastes good and fresh but not worth the price, time or effort.

Bellagio's buffet surpasses Wynn's in quality. And I am not too crazy about Bellagio buffet.

Bacchanal is better than them both but I didn't find anything that blew me away there either. 500 items and yet I was not impressed.

It may be me.

But maybe it isn't because I like Rio's and Planet Hollywood's buffet better than all of them.

10. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all very much for the info -- very much appreciated. I'll steer them away from Wynn and save them the money and disappointment.

11. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

In answer to your queries, yes the Sunday night buffet has crabs legs. Cost for dinner is $39, breakfast $22, lunch $26, champagne brunch $48 and I believe brunch is only time for unlimited bubbly.

Though I haven't ate there for over a year, I still feel Wynn's buffet (unless it took a drastic plunge in that time) is at or near the top of the pecking order, better than places like Rio, MB, Cosmo or PH.
    Since it has opened, Caesars has surpassed Wynn.

12. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried the Wynn last year, I thought it was pretty good.

My buffet choice is Bellagio. Mainly b/c I travel solo and I can usually skip the line and be seated in the bar in under 10 minutes.

13. AndyGator

AndyGator Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spice Market for dinner was kind of a let down (decent breakfast though) and Wynn was my favorite.

So OP, as you see, you're going to hear completely different takes from different people on VMB.

14. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have nothing to really add of value...... however.....

The worst tasting thing i've ever put into my mouth came from the Wynn buffet. I, to this day, have no clue what it was. I got a little bit of something that I thought was a pasta in white sauce, took a big bite and it took everything in me not to throw up. It was absolutely disgusting.

I thought the buffet was decent but not worth the near $40 we paid (this was a few years ago however).

15. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

It's quiet possible you ingested one of the many "vegan" dishes that the Wynn is noted for. After Steve dumped Elaine Wynn for a much younger women who happened to be vegan, he became a vegan. Subsequently, the Wynn buffet took a proactive vegan approach to its buffet - not just vegetarian, but hardcore vegan.
    For carnivore not accustomed to this type of cuisine, it can be a shock to the system.

16. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish I knew what it was but you could quite possibly be correct. My system would probably go into shock if I accidentally ingested too many vegetable dishes ;-).

I still haven't forgot the taste of whatever it was. I'm a lot more careful now when grabbing things from buffets.

17. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to everyone for the further info.

I think since Wynn's buffet is not what it was back when they first opened my nephew and his girlfriend would be very disappointed paying that much, so I'm now leaning towards buying them a gift card so they can go to the Bacchanal buffet at Caesars. We'll be in town Feb 1 & 2, so I'll use my diamond celebration dinner voucher to give it a try myself and see if they have what he is looking for.

The things we do for family. lol

18. dino_martini

dino_martini Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to Wicked Spoon last trip (Nov 13) and thought it was pretty good. Though we did have 2 for 1 coupons we got for flying United. I think this trip we might check out Bacchanal buffet. Are lines always long? thinking of going for dinner, but we are headed to Vegas on Presidents day weekend. :confused:

19. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I cant believe someone actually said they like the Mirage buffet better than Wynn. I have not been to the Wynn buffet in 2 years but still.... I was just at the Mirage buffet (comped) last week.. and there is absolutely NO way that Mirage can even hold a candle to the Wynn buffet. NO WAY! My wife and I both agreed you could not PAY US the cost of the Mirage buffet to go again. Holy Sh**, it sucked! I'm not exactly some kind of buffet eating snob. Hell, I just finished eating Del Taco.

I remember the Wynn buffet was very good and on par with Bellagio.
    The best I've had is Wicked Spoon. No fluke, top notch all 3 visits in last 3 years! I have yet to try Bacchanal

Aria was pretty damn good! I would easily return and have no problem paying the full price. I never thought to put blue cheese crumbles on my prime rib. Downright amazing!!!

20. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did lunch at 11:45 at Bacchanal on a Friday and no line whatsoever. Dinner is usually more crowded. As is the time right before they switch between lunch and dinner with all the cheapskates trying to save a few bucks :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.