1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best buffet salad in Las Vegas?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by PAS, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAS

PAS MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which LV buffet (Strip, Off-Strip or Downtown) features the best salad bar with the greatest variety of vegetables and fruits?

Also, do any of the buffets serve naturally flavored seltzer water? I'm cutting back on my alcohol consumption and do not want sugary drinks or juices.

2. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Either Wynn or Bellagio.

3. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buffets have salad bars?

4. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best buffet for salad in my opinion is Mirage...hands down. I go to Cravings every trip mainly for the salad...and thanks to MyVegas

5. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Wynn has the best salad. They have a huge selection and area dedicated to salads..

6. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would agree...Craving's salad bar is like none other!

7. Dexter538

Dexter538 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best Salad Bar Buffet - Sweet Tomatoes

You mentioned Off-strip, so for that I recommend Sweet Tomatoes.

They have a location about 5 miles due west on Flamingo in a small strip mall.
    This restaurant is a salad bar buffet, all you can eat, and includes six soup choices, 2 pasta dishes, and various breads and rolls. Also has baked potato bar, and soft serve frozen yogurt for dessert.
    All this for around $13.
    I try to get there once each trip.

They have a website, so you can Google them.
    They have another location near Sunset Station.

8. ajonate

ajonate Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flame me if you must, but I had the Wynn buffet recently and wasn't impressed. It has it's redeeming qualities (crab legs, for example) but the buffet was small with limited selection. At any rate, I don't recall anything noteworthy about the salad bar.

I suppose any salad bar is good as long as it's fresh and has a good selection. Try the Orleans; that's the biggest buffet spread in town.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  9. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that their buffet isn't great. However, I think their salad selection is pretty darn good.

When it comes to an overall buffet, I think Aria and Cosmo are best.

10. SARCASTRO

SARCASTRO Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    C'Mon

Isn't it wonderful ! So many of you out there having a wonderfully healthy Vegas vacation. On my next trip, I will make sure I know where the best salad bar is. That way, on my next trip, after I wake up, I can go for my 3 mile run and only have 2 Energy Bars because I know I will have a wonderful salad for lunch. Then I can hit the gym for a good 3 hour workout and get back to the room in time to get ready for Dinner. Maybe I'll find a place with Cottage Cheese and a Peach, and hopefully I can spoil myself with a half a cup of yogurt, oops, forgot the seltzer water.....Yuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmyyy.

Your on vacation. Live it up a little.

Booze, Gambling, and Boobs !

that is all !

11. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol. Yeah. Enjoying salad means you don't know how to Vegas. Ok.

Couldn't possibly be personal preference or dietary restrictions. Everyone should just eat cigar butts.

ETA: since you seem to enjoy being condescending on the Internet, you should learn the difference between your and you're. One means "you are"

12. PAS

PAS MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the suggestions. I will have to try these salad bars on my next trip.

I think that consuming healthy food and not over-eating is a great way to make certain that you have enough energy to enjoy what is truly the best of what Las Vegas has to offer.

13. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't go to buffets much any more......esp. since most of the 2 for1 are gone or don't allow 50% for solo and they march you around to get vouchers. Good food deals abound and the herding people around to save a couple of bucks just isn't worth it for me anymore. So I usually go to a buffet when I am dying for a good salad. Then I care little about the rest of the buffet so I don't want to spend $35. MSS is good and I often head down to Gold Coast. I have always preferred it to Orleans and the price is reasonable esp if you are mainly looking for salad.

Jimbo338

14. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Bellagio one has a great selection especially for lunch.

In comparison, i went to the Mirage buffet and they didn't have much of one at all, just a guy who will make you a basic salad.

But if you just want a salad, why spend $30 and go to a buffet? You could have a nice salad just about anywhere, for less money, and be served.

15. PAS

PAS MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You raise some good points but I think that a buffet could potentially be a good place to go for salad because of the potential abundance of ingredients (including some proteins which may be available at another section of the buffet) - a lot of combinations that wouldn't necessarily appear in the prepared menu items of a conventional restaurant. If your experiment doesn't work out, you leave the plate virtually untouched and get up for a new one. One of the great things about buffets is that you can make many selections, eat no more than 5-10% of what you loaded on your plate, then have the waitress take it away as you repeat the process.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.