1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best pools on the strip?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by scribe95, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scribe95

scribe95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for a great pool at a good price.

Right now between MGM and Bellagio.

Any advice?

2. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on where I have stayed top 3: #1- MGM (July 2013), #2- Aria (MDW 2011) then #3-Monte Carlo (MDW 2012)

3. scribe95

scribe95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am intrigued by Aria. Is it convenient to other things? Thanks.

4. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Consider Mandalay Bay. From a pool perspective only, it is the best on the Strip

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  5. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It all depends on what you like. I would say Encore followed by Wynn has the best pool areas for adults(love the 21 over area). Real good vibe, music and super comfy chairs with the best setup imo. Bellagio would be next choice since its also real comfy but a little to quiet for my taste. ARIA and MGM is also good as well as Mandalay Bay( i would only go here if i was brining kids or dont mind all the other kids running around the place).

6. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It all depends on what you're looking for and when you'll be there.

Are you going with family/kids?

Like anything in Vegas there's alot of variables.

7. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Convenient to the strip...yep. I consider it on the strip, just a few minutes walk throught the area to get to the strip.

8. sukiran

sukiran Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hit the pool early in the morning because I stay on NY time and I also need to stake out an area where I can regulate the sun and shade. For me, Caesars Garden of the Gods, with the marble(?) statuary and the soothing white noise of the fountains is the perfect backdrop for reading a book, taking a dip every once in a while, contemplating the hostesses dispensing margaritas and just chilling out to the max.

But mid afternoon, it's a different scene -- crowded, loud and resembling the Flamingo pool scene.

Bellagio pool is classier, not too many kids, and with all those mini-pools and fountains you can always find a nice spot. And the southern California talent!

MGM pool(s) has room for everybody, good drink service and that little hideaway in the back (Directors Pool?).

Anyway, I'm probably older than most of you, so usually traveling alone, not looking for the party scene, just some R&R.

9. Ruark

Ruark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it depends on what you mean by "great." Myself, I like a quiet, uncrowded pool, as much as possible. I also like a DEEP pool where I can jump in and swim. My wife and I are boat/lake/ocean people, and the little waist-deep puddles that pass for pools are VERY unsatisfying to us. We want real WATER. I understand Bally's has an old fashioned pool that's 12' deep in the deep end, and it's about the only one left. The rest are just "adult wading pools" and are pretty much the standard in all the newer places.

Some strip pools have 100+ sun chairs lined up 2 inches apart, so you're practically bumping elbows with the stranger next to you, and forget having a place to put your drink. Others are roomier.

So again, it depends on what you mean by "a great pool."

10. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did a google search and found this link.

There are probably many others available too.

What are your other criteria? I would probably give up the best pool to say closer to mid strip which is probably one reason we never stayed at Mandalay Bay.

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    are u taliking payed pool club or just hotel pool , big differnce

12. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like regular pool.

To answer your question:

MGM if you are looking for a little more fun, probably noisier, more crowded, and sprawling. Lazy river, palm trees, dayclub in the back if you want to blow your money. Pools that are similar: Flamingo, Monte Carlo, Treasure Island, Mandalay

Bellagio if you are you looking for a classier, quiet experience. Pools that are similar : Wynn, Encore, Venetian, Palazzo, Aria

13. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This. I'm not a pool person at all, and you'd have to pay me to hang out at a packed Flamingo-type "pool scene." But the Bellagio pools--mid-summer, early- to mid-morning when it's still easy to get a bit of shade--are heavenly. I'll happily start the day there with a newspaper, a cup of coffee and an overpriced pastry from nearby Palio, followed by a dip in the pool. It's just really nice and, indeed, classy.

14. hottwhls

hottwhls Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please check out the pool at the Golden Nugget on fremont street.It is amazing with a center aquiruim with sharks and fish swimming and a great water slide.

Check it out today

Have fun!

15. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some are looking for the party scene, drinking, music, etc... others want to relax. I'm in the relaxing category. I do my wild drinking and partying at night and love to relax and read by the pool. I will often go to the pool first thing when they open and relax for 2-3 hours before getting on with the rest of the day.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.