1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Web md doesnt work.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by uli_1515, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Discomfort on my right side. A feeling almost like a body part is asleep like when you touch something or scratch that area. Not as intense but that is the way it makes sense to explain it. pain when my right knee has pressure on it from an angle for example I press knee against wall then move left to right it triggers the pain. When I touch my skin on my left side I believe it feels differently. More normal. It started with just my right thigh now my right thumb is very noticeable tingle when I press it or use it for every day poking.*

So.. am I going to die? I feel like I'm going to beat this without the dreaded doctor / hospital visit.*

Any one got any guesses on my situation. Webmd says I have MS, a tumor, having seizures or maybe diabetic. I'm pulling for a pinched nerve.*

2. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the pain starting from your back? Could be psyatica (sp)

3. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To me it sounds like it is coming from your back or psyatic nerves in your back but i am not a doctor. I would go get checked out.

4. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone knows every symptom on WebMD leads to a heart attack, sorry man.

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it feels bad enough to you, then it's time to see a doctor. It may be nothing, but the worrying will get to you after so long. Especially if it starts getting worse. Head it off at the pass now. No one needs an ulcer.

6. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the suggestions. I'll be calling the doctor in the morning. Hopefully be in by February but I think you young doctors called what's going on. I have every symptom minus vomiting. Told the wife I need her tp draw me a bath then rub my lower back for the unforseen future. Luckily for me she is on board. She booked me a massage at the local spot tomorrow. Sigh. Haha.

7. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    checking for ailments on the internet pretty much ends up with you having about 35-40 different diseases with about 25-30 of them terminal

getting medical info off of the www is a terrible thing to do

8. neuroboy

neuroboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where exactly is the "numbness", or area that feels different? Is it just on one part of the thigh, for example the front of it only? Or the outside? Or the back?

Does the discomfort or numbness travel down into the lower leg, beyond the knee to the foot?

Does the thumb also have other fingers, or the forearm or arm or neck involved with it?

9. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Started inner thigh / pelvic area. Moved to more of my whole right leg. Then my hand and more specific my point of my thumb. When I scratch for example my butt only the right side has a feeling of it's asleep. My right knee has a horrible pain when I put pressure on it at an angle. Lower back is very tight with basically discomfort not really pain. My leg on the outside feels weird like the jolts of pain are coming from right under the outside side of my leg. I was telling my wife my veins hurt on my leg. I have a doctor's appointment now but I'll have to wait over 2 1/2 weeks.

I hope I answered your questions. Thank you for your time guys.

10. neuroboy

neuroboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, of course, nothing replaces seeing your own doctor.

But symptoms of lower back discomfort with shoouting pain on the outside of your leg sounds most like "lumbar radiculopathy", which in your case is very close, but not exactly the commonly used term "sciatica".

Typically, the outer part of your leg is from nerve lumbar 5 (L5) irritation. Most people will rest it for a few days, take Advil/Aleve, and see if it gets better on its own. Your doctor will want to examine you, and if these symptoms are worsening, a MRI of the lumbar spine is ordered.

The thumb issues are not related to this at all, and can be from an issue within the neck, the wrist (carpal tunnel), or things such as direct injury/inflammation with the thumb itself. Less likely would be circulation issues.

Best of luck.

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holy crap, two and a half weeks to get a doctor's appointment. Where are you, Vegas?:poke:

12. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oregon. But I am sure I could get in to someone else I have just went to this guy since I was 18.

13. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok thanks so much. I planned on just being lazy until I get in there. And that is weird about my thumb. Was hoping it was all related.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.