1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas New to the Game

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by LA2VegasTrekkers, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA2VegasTrekkers

LA2VegasTrekkers High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok. I'm jumping on the bandwagon here. I joined the game yesterday. I've played basically all my red chips from yesterday and today and I now have 5,524 Loyalty Points. I'm at level 19, maybe half way to level 20. I've built Circus Circus, Monte Carlo, Mirage, New York New York and Excalibur. I assume I have to just keep logging in to collect those chips and wait until tomorrow when I get some more daily chips and just keep playing?

I've been reading some of the threads here about which games are the best to play and whether to bet minimum or max bet. Obviously the Loyalty Points accrue faster at max bet, but given that I have very few chips every day, I would blow through them pretty quick.

Any advise? Thanks.

2. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's best to bet at lower bets until you get your strip built. Hang in there, collect your strip multiple times a day. Make sure you log in daily to get your daily spin and to maintain your daily spin multiplier. Also, get your friends to play so you can send them chips daily and vice versa.
    Also, as another way to build your LP's faster is to play on your smart phone and link the two together. The game is different on your phone than on you computer. Good luck

3. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm new also. Apparently the game used to be much looser with chips but has been really tight for me. I started playing last Saturday.

Basically everyday has been a continuous game of losing all my chips, collecting new ones throughout the day and losing those as the day goes on. Same for the mobile version. I'm not getting much play. The desktop version is much better because you can collect a lot of free chips throughout the day. The mobile version isn't quite as friendly as you're only able to collect 100 chips an hour. With a minimum spin of 60, they go very fast.

i'm playing strictly for the loyalty points for an upcoming trip. I don't know if it's worth the time and effort i'm putting into it but a free hotel room will be nice later in the year.

4. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A year ago I had 100k loyalty points in two months. I started playing again in Oct this year and only have 41k. It's really changed, you used to be able to go to a Facebook site and collect 100k chips a day in like 10 mins. That's all gone and IMHO its not worth the time and effort anymore. This will be my last time playing as my trip is like 6 weeks away!

5. rvallez6

rvallez6 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't have a ton of chips, minimum bets are fine. You will win some big ones and you will be able to afford the losing streaks that you will eventually go on. When I get chips in the range of 20K or higher, i usually bet more per spin. You can hit some big jackpots, which will get you LP's faster, which is the whole point of it.

I think I started in October 2013 and I'm at 81K LP's. I had a trip last November, and decided not to use any sense i had so little. I'm hoping to have a good amount for my next trip.

There will be times where you will find a favorite game because you won a ton, and then you go back another time and you lose everything fast. If i start losing spin after spin, i try to move on to another game. Its easier to stay in the game once you have built all of the resorts, as you can get over 10K in red chips just from one round of collecting.

6. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are Facebook group you can join that have chip shares and where you can add people that play as well. One of the sites post links nightly to acquire chips on Facebook as well. Iv been playing since October and have achieved about 150k lp points which iv used to cover 3 of my 4 nights coming up in march

7. owenmc60

owenmc60 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck to yer. I personally wouldn't start with this game now if I was new. They've made it so much harder to gain LP and the chips you gain from properties has been MASSIVELY reduced!

In addition to all this, the rewards are getting worse as well as costing more to redeem for. Just something to consider as it'll take much more time n effort than if you started out say a year ago! :cry:

8. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Low bets like 200 until you have a significant amount of chips. Then I moved up to a 1000, now I'm over level 100 so I bet more than that.

Also don't count on any of the rewards, as they change often.

9. AlexS

AlexS Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to be the same as you, consistantly running out of chips daily on both mobile and FB. Now I have about 100k chips on mobile and 50k chips on FB. I usually hover around these numbers even after playing for a couple hours. It takes a little time and luck to build up the bank. I hit for a 25k jackpot on mobile playing 150 a spin!

10. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im on level 235, with 1 mill chips to play and curently have 452 gold, Hoping to get some Aria rooms down the road as long as they dont shut it down :rolleyes2:
    to get more chips scroll down to fan page link right under the "add Freinds" icon and they will give away 1000 chips daily some time more during promotions, also log into the M-Life hotels on FB and they will random throw out 1000 chip uploads hope this helps :thumbsup:

11. Todd_Royce_XXL

Todd_Royce_XXL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Strange for me to read all this stuff about the game being tighter with chips.

I started playing a week before Christmas, so I haven't been playing too long.

2 nights ago I started playing with over 100K chips. I had to pick up 22 of the puzzle pieces to get 40,000 so I just played all the way down to about 2,000. I played a little BJ to get that back up, went back to the slots with about 10,000, played that up to about 15,000 before I finally got my 40,000.

So I went to sleep on Tuesday night with 55,000. The next morning I did my daily spin and it landed on 10,000 which multiplied to 60,000. So I started yesterday morning back up at 115,000.

Since New Years I've been able to yo-yo between 20-30,000 up to 150,000 seemingly daily. So I don't see how they are tighter with the chips....unless I'm just really lucky, in which case I should get to Vegas ASAP :thumbsup:

12. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think most of the "game being tighter with chips" complaints are focusing on reduced collections from the Strip properties. The amounts have decreased somewhat in the past month or two.

13. bighead1970

bighead1970 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you have BJ? I only have a couple of slot machine game choices.

14. rvallez6

rvallez6 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure if its level dependent, but when you click on games, there is an option for slots or table games. The only table game they have is BJ.

15. Todd_Royce_XXL

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, okay that makes sense. Yeah, I collected 7500 from the Mirage once, I actually called my wife at work to share the good news, lol. But never got anything close to that otherwise.

Like rvalles6 said, you can access it through the table games section. I don't remember if I had to go up a certain amount of levels to get in, but I do know that I had to get a certain number of blackjacks (think it was 15, IIRC) and now I can play 3 hands at a time.

16. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This will only be on the Facebook version. The mobile version doesn't have BJ at the moment. I'm hoping it's something they add soon.

Also, it was only unlocked after a little while of playing. It wasn't long, maybe a couple of days after I started?

17. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to call you "lucky" at the moment.....either that or i'm unlucky.

My daily spins have come no where close to 60,000. I've been between broke and 20,000, with a lot of time spent at broke or closer to it. Since I have no experience with how it was "before", the Facebook version is much more tolerable because the free chips from the "strip" accumulate fairly quickly (as long as you keep going back to collect them).

18. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The game was better when it first started. The rewards were cheaper and you could get more than 3. My wife and I have been playing for over a year and have used the rewards on 2 trips so far with another one planned for April. We have gotten about 2k in rewards between show tickets and meals. Not bad for a free game. We will continue to play as long as they keep it going.

19. Todd_Royce_XXL

Trips to Las Vegas:

Oh good, well I have a month and a half to go before getting to Vegas, so that's plenty of time for my luck to ware off :cry:

Actually the whole reason I signed up with My Vegas is by a suggestion on this board when I asked about the cheapest way to get cirque tix for my wife. I've already got enough of the gold coins to get 2 KA tix for 70 bucks, so now it's all gravy.
    I hope the game doesn't change too much though, because we'll want another trip to Vegas within the next year and hopefully will get enough coins to build up some bigger comps!

20. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure how you could do that in 1 day when the max LP you can earn in 24hrs is 2,000?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.