1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

newbies on a budget .. where to stay?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by morty420, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morty420

morty420 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi , Im looking at booking a trip to vegas in march week of the 24th . I have been to vegas 2 stayed at the flamingo both times. I did enjoy it . I"m 28 years old and going with my gf. Was wondering what hotels you guys would recomend staying at. We are on somewhat of a budget. So looking at the reasonable ones such as harrahs flamingo etc .

any advice would be great !!

2. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd also recommend Monte Carlo in the same price range. Check out smartervegas.com to see what has the best deals.

3. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what ur budget per nite. do you have dates all ready

4. moefoe81

moefoe81 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say cant go wrong with either place because both basic rooms are nice and both are great location. I would go with what ever is cheaper.

Ernie

5. morty420

morty420 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    looking at going the 24th of march to the 27th .. sometime during that week . I would like to try and keep it under $300 for the 3 nights .

6. rdunc311

rdunc311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you are going to stay early midweek, I'd say that it should be relatively easy to stay at a decent property under $300. Places like NYNY, Mirage, Monte Carlo, Flamingo, Harrah's could be good bets. As always, if you haven't yet, sign up for players card clubs at each resort to get some discounts.

Can also consider Priceline or Hotwire as options, which may help save even more money.

7. Robag

Robag Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try going to hotels.com. They usually have good deals on hotels on a daily basis. Most of the mid range places in Vegas can be had for a decent price.

8. Steelers7

Steelers7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I just searched the Flamingo and even a GO room is only 276.00 for the 24th thru 27th so that would be my pick. You said you have stayed there twice, do you have a players card? If not you could sign up for one online and maybe get a better rate even with no points, or just try calling them and let them know you have stayed there and was wondering what rate they could offer.

9. Steelers7

Steelers7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Fab room was $236...with my GF, I would go with the GO room though. I always stay in one of the GO rooms even with being just me.

10. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beware of hidden resort fees if you're on a strict budget and get to close to that $300. Could be a rude surprise at the end of your trip.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you have been to Flamingo before, log in with your players card and see what prices they offer. Pick the calendar and NOT any specific offers.

12. Avsman17

Avsman17 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whenever friends ask me this question I quickly answer nyny. It's big enough to have great table game and slot selection, late night food, decent restaurants, yet small enough to be easily navigated and not get lost. great location to walk to some low roller joints like hooters and Excalibur and easy to get MGM Grand, Monte Carlo and even city center and Bellagio.

13. rundal

rundal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How important are the pools venues to you? It will be hard to top The Flamingo's pool.

14. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely nice pool area at Flamingo, otherwise though I would recommend trying someplace else. Not Harrahs. Everyone talks about the great location of Flamingo and Harrahs and that's true to a point. But I prefer a bit to the south. If you stay at Monte Carlo or NYNY you have the MGM, PH, City Center all right there or pretty damn close. Personally I prefer that part of the strip to Flamingo/Harrah's/Mirage, Venetian, etc...

Good advice earlier in this thread about not overlooking the resort fee when budget is a factor.

15. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can get Luxor, Excalibur and nyny on the mlife website for well below your $300 budget. Is almost bet the quad as well.

I'm also arriving the 24th of march.

16. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Luxor is fairly inexpensive but at the south end. Rooms carry on a bit of the Egyptian theme and were well maintained. Shuttle to Mandalay Bay or Excaliber from which you can walk to NY NY or MGM.

17. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Google flamingo friends and family codes and I've found cheaper rooms than what is offered on other sites and booking through total rewards you can change without a problem.

18. frankelthepirate

frankelthepirate Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just stay our of Luxor and Excalibur. They smell like pee.

19. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would recommend the Monte Carlo. It has a great location on the Strip and a nice swimming pool. Also very affordable.

20. morty420

morty420 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so i just booked a trip to vegas out of bellingham .

march 17-20 stayin at the MGM for 650.00 for 2 ppl .. not including the price for bags etc.

cant wait looking forward to it !!.

Was planning on going to a show while we were there .

was looking at Carrot Top .. any thoughts on that? i heard it is very funny .

as well any other suggestions shows or things in general . Or thoughts on MGM etc .

We r kind of rookies been to vegas 2 times.. any help is good !

thanks !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.