1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

2 Queen Rooms are now an upgrade?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Sdebruyne, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sdebruyne

Sdebruyne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booking my rooms for our next trip and finding that every place is charging more for rooms with 2 queen beds.

In the past, it seems like when I reserved a king room, about 50% of the time we got stuck with 2 queens. Now we are going on a girls trip and want 2 beds and those room rates are higher.

Thinking about just reserving a king room, and asking for 2 queens when we check-in. Getting nervous about this since there will be 3 in one room.

Anyone have any recent experience with this? We are staying at Aria.

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, its the latest way to get an extra dollar out of you.

3. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go ahead and book the two beds since it is important to you. Chances are they will take care of you at check-in, but you will have a better chance of getting what you want if you reserve it ahead of time

4. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed - book the two beds and then see if they can cut you a break at check-in. If you forgo the two beds now and get there and they're out then you'll get the king and a roll-away bed, which they will probably charge for.

And I noticed this too. Previously I have never needed two beds as it was either me and my girlfriend, a solo trip, or one where my buddies were staying at a different hotel.

This time it is my best friend and I so I booked two queens.

5. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. My only guess is people cram 4 of 5 people in those rooms so they are charging you for it. Also I think it makes it easier for them that you book that specific room. So they know their availability.

But to me, I don't have a significant other, I don't like sleeping with my friends or my Mom lol. I don't understand why they assume everyone goes as couples. Some of the new hotels don't even have 2 beds.

I agree, all of my solo trips I ended up with 2 beds lol.

6. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Room rates are based on double occupancy.

7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    most hotels charge anywhere from 15-25 per extra person over 2 in a room except for kids.so dont tell them at check or regester them on the room

8. markmetin

markmetin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yah, in this age of ever-increasing resort fees at most properties, it’s not surprising that someone thought of this way to extract a few more bucks out of folks. I actually think there may be some justification for a small up-charge – sometimes the 2-queen rooms are slightly larger (but not always) and the maids have to change & clean 2 sets of sheets and more towels. But I agree with the other posters, it’s probably wise to just book the 2 beds and hope your gambling winnings make the extra charge seem insignificant!

9. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most LV properties charge more for a Double Queen room because there's more demand for them than King rooms. This isn't surprising considering it's more of a leisure destination, which means groups of people sharing rooms. You will notice that King rooms tend to be more expensive in the cities, due to the business clientele.

10. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a re-post of a same thread a few months back.

This also has been the standard for over a year now! :rolleyes2:

11. Sdebruyne

Sdebruyne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies. I'm going to call and request 2 queens. It's definitely better than sharing a bed with my 74 yo Mom.

Sorry if this is a repeat question. I must have missed the one a few months ago.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.