1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pools in Feb/March

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Terry Benedict, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which hotels have pools open the first weekend of March?

I guess it's a two-part question -- Are the heated pools comfortable to use, and is hanging out in the pool area (not using the water) comfortable during the day?

We are trying to pick a hotel and not sure if pools should be a part of the criteria.

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Though it still lists "Bill's Gambling Hall" I think this list is still pretty up to date since most places either have a pool that is open during winter months and it has been for years, or its closed during winter months and has been for years:
    http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/showtable.cfm?id=24

As for comfort, that can really depend on the weather: we've gone swimming in November in a year-round pool and while it was fine being in the pool once you are out you get cold really fast, especially if there is even a faint breeze blowing.

For just lounging around that can really depend on where you are from and what you are used to: if the temperature is in the mid 60s here (Vancouver, BC) people are out in shorts and t-shirts and going to the park or playing outdoor sports, etc... same temperature in Las Vegas and you'll see people bundled up in something like a parka and wearing mittens and scarves and such.

3. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hangin out by the pool area should be fine

I read a book without a shirt by the ceasars pool in december , they also had cocktail service

4. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at the flamingo the second week of march in 2011 and the pool was closed and no water in it.

In 2005 I was swimming with comfort along with lounging around the pool at the excal the first week of march.

5. go to vegas more

go to vegas more Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was on the phone with the reservation guy at the Flamingo last week and he said that he thought the only open CET pools were at Caesars and Paris. I found this a bit frustrating as one of the reasons we booked at the Flamingo for our Feb trip was due to their website indicating that the pool was open and heated. He said that we would be able to use either of the open pools but that is a bit of a field trip to get to the pool :)

6. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    looks like mid feb is still gonna be pretty cool out for my trip :(

was hoping to use the aria pool

7. Fraggle

Fraggle People Watcher

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The top winter pools are the golden nugget pool, which is heated to a ridiculous 90F in Feb (open year round), and the Tropicana pool (but only the indoor portion open in Feb).

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    feb not many.

april all open again

9. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May want to contact MGM. They have multiple pool areas and they are promoting Wet Republic opening in March, no dates set yet, but that indicates all of the other pools will be up and running usually that don't charge a fee.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.