1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Hotel Hopping With Rewards

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by realjwstorm, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. realjwstorm

realjwstorm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to Vegas for my 4th trip and my fiancee's 2nd ..

Using both of our MyVegas accounts we've booked 4 free nights ..

First 2 nights are at the Mirage ..

Then we have a Sat night at Aria ..

Finally, Sunday night at Luxor ..

Then we're moving DT with a 2 for 1 stay at El Cortez ..

Sweet!

2. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did something like that earlier this year (spent 9 nights total, 2 at Luxor, 1 at Mirage, 2 at Aria, and 4 at NYNY), it was a pain, while we were sad to leave our corner suite at Aria and end up at NYNY, it was nice being in the same room for 4 days, it's a pain to keep on checking-out and checking back in, even more so if you go out drinking/stay out late the night before. Unpacking/re-packing that many times was not pleasant. It was fun, but it's not something I'd ever want to do again!

3. realjwstorm

realjwstorm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I was wondering how much of a pain it was gonna be .. My first few trips I stayed at the same place all week .. last trip we did 1 hotel switch .. probably won't do this again after we actually do it either!

4. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually pack my clothes by clothes type (shorts/pants in one section, shirts in another, etc). If you are driving/have a rental car to stash your stuff, it will be much more manageable. My advise to you is to pack 1 small "daily bag" (things you'll need everyday, bathroom supplies and that kind of thing) and try to pack by day, if possible, even pack different bags so you can just bring 2 bags up every day rather than your entire suitcase up and down every time. If that's not possible, maybe use shopping bags or grocery bags to separate your outfits so you can just grab and go instead of having to dig through things. This was the single greatest point of frustration for us. We each had a large and a small bag (and in my case a backpack as well) for 10 days and always needed both bags because we didn't pack by day.

5. realjwstorm

realjwstorm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking to pack as light as we can get away with ..

6. bcneil

bcneil Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Something you have to consider.

I once did a 5 night stay, 5 different hotels. I think only 1 was a myvegas stay. But each place you checkin wants your credit card.

Now I am from Canada, and got a US dollar mastercard from my Canadian bank, as it saves a lot of fees when you visit the states. But it just has a small limit. By hotel number 5 my card declined. As the first 4 hotels put holds totalling $650 on the card. That's a lot of mini fridge cokes.

7. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds fun! But yea all the checking in and out is a pain in the booty. I've never done more than 2 hotels. But, my trips are never longer than 4 nights usually.

8. realjwstorm

realjwstorm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Won't be an issue, but thanks for the heads up ..

9. xan51090

xan51090 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We do this all the time to take advantage of comped rooms. This past September we did 1 night at the Golden Gate, 2 nights at MSS, 2 nights at Aria, and 2 nights at the Mirage. We had a rental car so we just checked out, put things in the car, and took our time getting to the next hotel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.