1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The twists and turns of upcoming trip. WOW

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by captainron62, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WARNING LONG AND MODERATELY INTERESTING AT BEST.......

This tale begins last spring. I buy me and my then GF Kelli two plane tickets to LV and plan a trip for the week of Labor Day 2012. From the booking in March to sometime around July our relationship gets rocky. She decides to throw a hail-mary and book us a romantic trip to Jamaica. She books with another couple and lets them select the date, this is all unknown to me. They of course select same week as LV trip. LV trip has to be cancelled. No worries Mon, Jamaica here we come.

This forces a re-book of the LV trip to not lose the SWA airfare. We have to book by March 1 when I bought the tickets. We select Superbowl weekend. My GF invites her friend Jodi whom had never been to LV and really wanted to go. She didnt want to be a third wheel so my GF suggested she ask my friend Jerry to split a room with her and they could be a faux couple. I told her this was a disaster in the making, but went along. Another one of her GF's Tammy invites herself and books to come with as well.

Fast forward, from the OCT planning to the JAN pre trip, I have broken up with GF she moved out last week. We are on good terms, well as good as can be expected, but will not travel together. Her first GF Jodi that booked got back together with an ex BF so she cant stay with another guy in LV. No worries, my friend Jerry is well traveled in LV and will be just fine staying alone.

This now leaves 6 of us going, I have kept my room at the Luxor for myself. My friend Jerry has kept his room at the Luxor. My ex GF Kelli and her party have supposedly re booked for Ballys. Not sure if I believe that though. She is going to bunk with the second GF Tammy that booked and the first friend Jodi is taking her BF. Three of the four have never been to LV. My GF Kelli has twice with me, but has no idea where she is going or what to do.

To make things better my other friend Stan, broke up with his girlfriend a week before I did. We all run with the same friend group, but neither of us knew about our status changes. He called me and asked me if I was still going Superbowl weekend, I said yes, he booked and said count me in. His ex Lisa found out, called my ex Kelli and said she would go and split a room with her. This was last month.....

Now this month, my friend Stan finds out that my friend Jerry is going, says he doesnt like him and wont vacation with him, so he cancelled his trip. Stan's ex GF Lisa finds out he isnt going and decides he will be impossible to stalk if he isnt in town and cancels her trip. This begins a chain reaction, my ex GF Kelli then says she will not go either now. Just like that we are down three. Its good and getting better! The original friend of my ex GF Jodi and her now BF cancel, as they decide LV isnt their thing anways. The original 8 is now down to three. Me, my friend Jerry and my ex GF;s random annoying friend Tammy.

This is just a funny little tale, I was thinking about it this morning while sipping coffee and decided it needed to be put in writing!
    So, I figure with three weeks to go we should be down to me and my pal J, just as usual. It will be our 6 trip together, so I really need a stress free and drama free trip to recover from the last two months.

If you are still reading this I am strongly surprised! :thumbsup:

2. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow......I have seen some quite distressing commercials for upcoming series of various themes on the networks to debut in the coming months. I would seriously consider taking this snapshot to someone for evaluation. The slow progress of soap operas gives this particular scenario at least a year's worth of unbelievable script.

Good luck on your up-coming trip. Having read your trip reports in the past I am somewhat certain you can have fun in a group of 3-2-or 1 but it would have been an interesting read (if you had survived) the story / trip report of the original package of 8.....

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you desperately need a solo trip!

I Need Spa
  4. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Drama... one the things I do NOT miss about being young.

Here's a bit of unsolicited advice from somebody "old" - never, ever let what others do, don't do, say they'll do or say they'll NOT do, EVER impact your Vegas plans.
    Best thing to do is book as if you're going solo & let people you care about know the dates & the hotel.
    Then, let things unfold as they will.
    This strategy has worked for me countless times.
    :beer:

5. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG. WAY too much drama for me!!! I'm sure you will have fun however it turns out though!

6. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Top card is spot on. There was a thread earlier about going with friends who went broke. I didn't get the issue. It happens. But with his plan it is a separate issue. You are not "going" to Vegas as a group, a group of individuals is going to Vegas.....but then Drama is fun too.....as long as its yours.....haha

7. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't think the OP was that young.......but the "need" for friends hanging on did sound very young.

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn, I need a scorecard:evillaugh

9. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    actually that is exactly what i was thinking as i wrote this!!

10. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heave learned that lesson in the past as well. I booked this trip for me and my GF, she invited the rest. They have come and gone and I have maintained my original plan. I do exactly as you say, I book, I will let anyone know the dates, etc, but I dont let it effect me or my plans.

11. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am 39. I have no "need" for friends hanging on. I am sure it wasnt the easiest read, but I booked for me and my then GF. The rest were either invited by her or the two friends of mine that booked have been many times and are self sufficient they book and cancel their own trips.

It wasnt meant to read as drama, just a funny little tale of how Vegas trips can go. :thumbsup:

12. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, that was a bit confusing. Actual names (real or fake) might have helped.

Regardless, I do think I followed my second time through. I guess my only comments are (a) that's a lot of drams as others have said (b) I don't understand why your ex GF's annoying random friend would need to cancel her trip for your to be just your and your buddy. Why do you have any obligation to spend any time with her? Sounds like you are going with your buddy and she is going solo. You aren't her friend and she is staying at a different Hotel altogether.

13. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great idea! I went back and edited with fake names to make it a bit easier of a read. hope it helped! :beer:

14. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope she's really a hot girl. Remember, things will only get worse in the future. Your trip and she calls all the shots? . :nono:

15. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For entertainment purposes it's to bad they all dropped out. This had the potential for an EPIC trip report lol

16. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are times when my husband and I look longingly at the big groups of friends meeting and dining together when we are in Vegas. Vegas just does not appeal to most of our friends and family and we are often alone.

Reading your post makes me realize the the flexibility and lack of drama we have is not such a bad thing.

LOL - Thanks for the reminder what a pain group planning can be.

17. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually read this. Good for you in breaking up with her. I'm 39 as well and don't need anymore drama. Although sometimes dating people in their early 20's don't help.

18. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nate, I go back and forth on that one! The ones our age want to move in, get married and sit back and live the good life. The younger ones, while a lot more drama at least are not typically trying to settle down.

On the bright side I sold the Brittany Spears stage side tickets for 3x what I paid!!

19. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not the only reason shes an EX Don, but what you just read with the constant entourage was a huge part of it!!

20. djcoach

djcoach Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Read this all the way through and names helped me to piece it together easier.

As a fellow buckeye, sounds like you got your priorites right again and hoping for a winning trip for you

OH...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.